News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

North Korea 'ready for nuclear attack' amid show of force

Started by Tank, April 15, 2017, 06:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

North Korea 'ready for nuclear attack' amid show of force

QuoteNorth Korea has warned the US not to take provocative action in the region, saying it is "ready to hit back with nuclear attacks".

The comments came as North Korea marked the 105th anniversary of the birth of its founding president, Kim Il-sung.

Soldiers, tanks and other military hardware were paraded in Pyongyang in a show of strength on Saturday.

It comes amid speculation that the current leader, Kim Jong-un, could order another nuclear test.

"We're prepared to respond to an all-out war with an all-out war," North Korean military official Choe Ryong-Hae said, adding: "We are ready to hit back with nuclear attacks of our own style against any nuclear attacks."

Samsumg shares could be adversely effected. So it probably won't happen.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote"We're prepared to respond to an all-out war with an all-out war," ...

Their definition of "an all-out war" is important here.

Trump's been in office for less than four months and we are on the edge of disaster!

Somebody shoot him, please!!

Pence might be shit for America but I doubt the he can be so incompetent as to start WW3.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on April 15, 2017, 08:11:04 AM
Quote"We're prepared to respond to an all-out war with an all-out war," ...

Their definition of "an all-out war" is important here.

Trump's been in office for less than four months and we are on the edge of disaster!

Somebody shoot him, please!!

Pence might be shit for America but I doubt the he can be so incompetent as to start WW3.

Trump has worked out that he's Supreme Commander. The US government can only slap his wrists after he's done what he wanted.

I wonder how the Russians that put him in power feel about him now?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

According to the BBC the NKs are now saying they will, "retaliate in kind if attacked".

If accurate that is a considerable change of tone if it were any other country. Though memory tells me that they always leave a wsy out of their threats.

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on April 15, 2017, 08:36:25 AM
According to the BBC the NKs are now saying they will, "retaliate in kind if attacked".

If accurate that is a considerable change of tone if it were any other country. Though memory tells me that they always leave a wsy out of their threats.
Trouble is that they can't attack the USA so they'll attack South Korea. And South Korea makes huge amounts of IC's used in virtually all electronic devices. Because of the nature of electronic manufacturing today 99% of chips are ordered to JIT (Just In Time) delivery. No significant stocks are held in the production flow. If war breaks out the electronics manufacturing industry will stop within 5 to 10 working days. As pretty much all consumer goods contain electronics nowadays the world economy will stop dead in 10 to 15 days. It'll make the 2008 financial crisis look like a walk in the park.

Dave

Arturo

Then everybody will hate North Korea. Like literally everyone.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on April 15, 2017, 05:13:40 PM
Except those in the Chinese chip fabs.

Actually Wiki lists not that many in SK.

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on April 15, 2017, 05:51:12 PM
Quote from: Arturo on April 15, 2017, 05:13:40 PM
Except those in the Chinese chip fabs.

Actually Wiki lists not that many in SK.

It's weird that we are listed as number 2. I'm not used to the USA being talked as point for jobs or that we have a technology center point. I do know we have a lot of service jobs as the main factor contributing to our gdp, and overwhelmingly so.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Not to worry too much about the production of Integrated circuit boards. Yes the South Koreans do furnish a substantial proportion of the total number produced.  The US, UK, France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Norway, and several others are eminently capable of filling the pipeline with whatever printed circuits the free world might need or want.  The SKs are good at it but they are only one of the sources. Actually the Chinese are the most conspicuous producers of electronic gadgetry. Damned near everything electronic is likely to have a tiny label that says made in China.

We can do without China too. Our production will cost more but the output will be more than sufficient and of superior quality. I have been marginally involved in the  micro electronics and circuit board industry. I do know something about our production capacity here and elsewhere.

I am all in favor of protecting the South Koreans from the lunatic NKs  as best we can. If the SKs are temporarily  prevented from making washing machines like my LG example with its matched twin dryer, we will not be too much inconvenienced.

To start a real war by the lunatic NK guy with the funny haircut would be more deranged than is imaginable. Anything is possible of course. The NK has a huge military complex that can, and likely would be, essentially destroyed by the most powerful military complex in the history of the world. Not with a ground war this time. Marquis de Queensbury fighting is passe' and stupid. War is a win or die situation. Do those crazy NK fuckers really want to see  who has the most marbles??  Let us hope not.

Ecurb Noselrub

NK is a problem that will have to be dealt with decisively, and the sooner the better.  The longer we wait the more the more weapons they will have. The trajectory is not in our favor.

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 16, 2017, 02:53:54 AM
NK is a problem that will have to be dealt with decisively, and the sooner the better.  The longer we wait the more the more weapons they will have. The trajectory is not in our favor.

The same could be said about Donald Trump's America.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

Send in, Dwayne Johnson. Drop an elbow from a HALO and he will instantly wipe out the whole country. Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on April 16, 2017, 12:47:46 AM
Not to worry too much about the production of Integrated circuit boards...
It's not so much the boards that are the issue as the integrated circuits that are on them. There is spare capacity for circuit board assembly all over the world. But starting up IC fabrication lines isn't so simple. You are right in that the world would fill in the gaps but the economic impact would still be huge.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on April 16, 2017, 05:52:42 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 16, 2017, 02:53:54 AM

The same could be said about Donald Trump's America.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant