News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

^ Garlic is a critical ingredient.  Among other things it keeps the Vampires away. 

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on February 26, 2021, 01:47:10 AM
^ Garlic is a critical ingredient.  Among other things it keeps the Vampires away.
I'm not worried. One taste of my blood and the vampire would disintegrate!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 26, 2021, 01:43:46 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 24, 2021, 02:59:22 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 24, 2021, 01:22:01 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 24, 2021, 02:58:38 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 24, 2021, 12:01:41 AM

What should I buy... :chin:

:oooh-me!:
Buy a nice dress and a pair of high heels, just for the heck of it.  :grin:

Heheh! I like your suggestion, but if you saw me trying to walk in high heels you wouldn't suggest a disaster waiting to happen. :grin:

:grin:
But they're so sexy...See?

:lol:

:rofl:

"It was deliberate!"

I think it was.  :snicker1:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Well, after what I just went through with the French press, the coffee grinder, and the coffee...I learned a lesson...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

billy rubin

went to town and bought some greens, goat feed, and a garden rake

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on February 27, 2021, 01:37:43 AM
went to town and bought some greens, goat feed, and a garden rake

Looks like part of the list of materials Studebaker Hawk bought to go in pursuit of Billy the Mountain, in the album named, "Just Another Band From LA", by Frank Zappa. What a great musician. Strange, but great.

billy rubin

billy had two big rocks for eyes

and a cave for a mouth that went up and down

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i'm mounting wheel discs on my racing motorcycle, to reduce turbulence and aerodynamic drag around the rear wheel. to do that i have to redesign the rear brake into something smaller, so i spent US$14 on ebay for a rear brake caliper from a 2007 kawasaki to see what i could do:

i only have 1/4-inch of spae right now between the caliper and the wheel spokes, and i need more room to bolt a disc in there

Randy

Brakes for the car. All four brakes needed changing.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

The piezo igniter in my Barbie quit working. OK I will get a new igniter module.  Many You Tube  comments say that the igniter module craps out frequently................New module from Amazon....  Shipping cost more than igniter cost...total about $20.  Very well...... Damned new igniter did not work........Hmmmnn  I wonder if that push button switch is sending a signal to the igniter thingy.......Out with the Ohm meter......shit! the switch is bad, maybe not an igniter failure after all...... Order switch from Barbie manufacturer....... Once again shipping cost as much as item cost....this time only $10.  If I am unable to fix the damned igniter I will be forced to use matches, the old fashioned and usually reliable method.

I am sad because I could have used that $10 +20 dollars to buy a nice bottle of bourbon.  But if  the igniter parts result in successful repair I will have fewer chances of blowing myself up with propane gas while attempting to start the Barbie.

billy rubin

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on March 05, 2021, 11:41:00 PM
The piezo igniter in my Barbie quit working. OK I will get a new igniter module.  Many You Tube  comments say that the igniter module craps out frequently................New module from Amazon....  Shipping cost more than igniter cost...total about $20.  Very well...... Damned new igniter did not work........Hmmmnn  I wonder if that push button switch is sending a signal to the igniter thingy.......Out with the Ohm meter......shit! the switch is bad, maybe not an igniter failure after all...... Order switch from Barbie manufacturer....... Once again shipping cost as much as item cost....this time only $10.  If I am unable to fix the damned igniter I will be forced to use matches, the old fashioned and usually reliable method.

I am sad because I could have used that $10 +20 dollars to buy a nice bottle of bourbon.  But if  the igniter parts result in successful repair I will have fewer chances of blowing myself up with propane gas while attempting to start the Barbie.
Bourbon or the Barbie? That's a tough choice. When I grilled out I'd drink a beer or two. I only used the harder stuff when the mood hit usually in the evenings when I'm relaxing.

hermes2015

My Barbie's igniter is OK, but she's crying out for a new evening gown. I still have to check out Ken's piezo igniter some time.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames