News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Ex-Muslim

Started by Ex-Muslim, April 28, 2010, 11:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliebean

Quote from: "Heretical Rants"The best thing would be to get rid of the blasphemy law...
The trick is doing that without being percieved as commiting blasphemy.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Davin

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "Heretical Rants"The best thing would be to get rid of the blasphemy law...
The trick is doing that without being percieved as commiting blasphemy.
Or appearing to want to blaspheme.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

philosoraptor

Quote from: "Ex-Muslim"Thanks for the welcome

Here is a complex

In my country Egypt there is a law called blasphemy and punishable by imprisonment of 3 years .. Even if it is to know that I discussed in religions with scorn, and particularly Islam will be the fate prison ..
If you are married will be to differentiate between you and your wife

QuoteI mean coming out in terms of telling them about his religious choices. Even if he never does tell them, it's hard to deal with keeping it a secret, too.

you are right .

what can i do  :(

Are you still living in Egypt?  Just curious.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Ex-Muslim

yes i still living in egypt ..

problem is not the Present .. I am used to it

my problem is the future ..  Marriage - parents - work - the constitution of religious.. etc

thnaks for your advices...
i'm Ex-Muslim from Egypt ..and I tend to atheism
my english is not good enough. so i use google translation

philosoraptor

In high school, I had a friend whose parents were from Egypt, and they were Coptic Catholics.  Is this similar to the situation in Ireland, where half the country is Catholic and the other half is Protestant (or in this case, Muslim)?  I'm trying to understand how you could be imprisoned for renouncing Islam in a country where that isn't the only practiced faith.  Or can you be imprisoned for renouncing religion in general?
-Muse

Ex-Muslim

The vast majority are Muslims

in law

it's possible to be prisoner cause i left my religion

i mean here Criticism -renouncing of religions .. it 's a crime And can be punished in prison for 3 years at least

Here, a society ruled by the imams not low ..And the extremists are always in their service

philosoraptor

Quote from: "Ex-Muslim"The vast majority are Muslims

in law

it's possible to be prisoner cause i left my religion

i mean here Criticism -renouncing of religions .. it 's a crime And can be punished in prison for 3 years at least

Here, a society ruled by the imams not low ..And the extremists are always in their service

I'm sorry you are stuck in such a difficult situation.  As it is, it seems like keeping quiet probably is the best option for you at this point.
-Muse

karadan

Or move to Sweden.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

philosoraptor

Quote from: "karadan"

Or move to Sweden.

I hear the cookies there are delicious.
-Muse

SSY

Interesting that appealing against the blasphemy law could be construed as blasphemous, very pernicious indeed.

Welcome to the real world (ie, the internet)
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

EssejSllim

Welcome,

I actually joined after you but still. I have a similar situation (though not to your extreme - thank you USA) so I can understand - to a degree how you feel. Good to have you.
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ex-Muslim

sorry

i were busy last days

i'm amoderator in arab atheists forum .. can i put link of the site here ?

i'm in deed looking for immigration or Asylum .. just for feel free before the death

but i see it's complicated .. can you help me ?

philosoraptor

Where are you looking to immigrate to?  Somewhere else in the Middle East, Europe, the US?

I would think you'd have more luck attempting to immigrate to a European country, but I don't know the specifics of the law.  The US isn't really hospitable towards immigrants in general right now, but Muslims especially since 9/11, and I'd think elsewhere in the Middle East you'd be just as likely to experience the same issues you are currently having in Egypt.

Perhaps try to track down an immigration lawyer to discuss the specifics with?
-Muse

elliebean

Quote from: "philosoraptor"Where are you looking to immigrate to?  Somewhere else in the Middle East, Europe, the US?

I would think you'd have more luck attempting to immigrate to a European country, but I don't know the specifics of the law.  The US isn't really hospitable towards immigrants in general right now, but non-whites, non-christians, non-English-speakers and ESLers, gays, trans-anything, and the French especially since 9/11, and I'd think elsewhere in the Middle East you'd be just as likely to experience the same issues you are currently having in Egypt.

Perhaps try to track down an immigration lawyer to discuss the specifics with?

FIFY  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Ex-Muslim

Quoteand I'd think elsewhere in the Middle East you'd be just as likely to experience the same issues you are currently having in Egypt.

you are allright.. except tunisia

i hope immigrate to euro countries .. norway . sweden . england . denmark . Finland .. etc

Quotenon-whites, non-christians, non-English-speakers and ESLers, gays, trans-anything, and the French especially since 9/11

ohhhhh . are you kidding ?