News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

HAF Member Meetup?

Started by Whitney, July 06, 2008, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I don't have a date in mind, but, would anyone be interested in meeting in Vegas (or some place else) to be able to put faces with screen names?  I'm thinking small, nothing that would require paying additional fees on top of travel in order to rent conference space.  Also, I think the date should be picked for far enough in advance that everyone has a chance to properly plan their finances and schedules (like, some time next year).

I suggest Vegas because there is enough to do there that if, for whatever reason, you don't like hanging out with the members in person you will have plenty of other things to do.  Plus, Vegas is fun and travel packages tend to be affordable.

Will

Next year as in 2009? Sounds fine to me. Vegas is only about an 8 hour drive from here (5 hours the way I drive). We should try to plan it between January and April to avoid the unbelievable heat.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Quote from: "Willravel"Next year as in 2009? Sounds fine to me. Vegas is only about an 8 hour drive from here (5 hours the way I drive). We should try to plan it between January and April to avoid the unbelievable heat.

I'm thinking sometime in the fall/winter since that is when hotels there are most affordable...and the temperature will be nice.

Btw, don't forget to vote in the poll  :D

Will

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "Willravel"Next year as in 2009? Sounds fine to me. Vegas is only about an 8 hour drive from here (5 hours the way I drive). We should try to plan it between January and April to avoid the unbelievable heat.

I'm thinking sometime in the fall/winter since that is when hotels there are most affordable...and the temperature will be nice.

Btw, don't forget to vote in the poll  :D
So long as it's not around holidays, we should be okay. Halloween, Thanksgiving and December are all completely nuts.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Tom62

I'd love to come but I'm not sure how things turns out with my move to the US next year.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Maybe.

I like the idea, but me coming to such a meetup depends on my ability to cash out the plane tickets for travel across Atlantic and yet another set of plane tickets for crossing the States.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

It would be nice to do. How realistically I can manage it is another thing. Odds are against my being able to. I love the idea though, and I agree that Vegas is a good choice for a meetup.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

afreethinker30

Nice thought but totally out of my budget.I would have to drag along another adult and two kids.  :(

Tanker

Quote from: "afreethinker30"Nice thought but totally out of my budget.I would have to drag along another adult and two kids.  :(

Wow welcome back it's been almost 2 years since your last post. Glad you returned.

I think that was just from me bumping the thread....for some reason it changes the last post date.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tank

Quote from: "Tanker"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"Nice thought but totally out of my budget.I would have to drag along another adult and two kids.  :(

Wow welcome back it's been almost 2 years since your last post. Glad you returned.

I think that was just from me bumping the thread....for some reason it changes the last post date.
That's what a bump does. It modifies the last post in the thread to make it look like a new post.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.