News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Creation Museum Video

Started by Whitney, June 17, 2008, 04:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Promethium147

I agree Govt. is villain - but do you deny Church is villain? Are they not in collusion in this, and we are the victims, two against one - the People?

Don't they amount to One Big Villain? Sure dey do.

McQ

Once again, the thread has veered off topic. Please continue discussion of anything other than the creation museum in a new thread. This is strictly for discussion of the Creation Museum.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Promethium147

Perhaps you have not read the thread entirely AND understood. I really don't see how anyone could CLAIM that.

The Creation "Museum", in the first instance of the first Post, was presented as an attack mounted with Taxpayer Dollars. In the process, we have been directed to detailed online criticism of the museum's content, and a large body of for-against argument on the points presented at the "Museum". The "Museum" content viewing is over now, and minuscule in comparison to the real question - who pays for this shit?

A better approach might be - change the label on the thread itself.

All of it largely irrelevant - if they do it themselves, which they MUST be free to do - the core remaining question is - why should everyone have to pay for it; for if I can be forced to pay for this, perhaps I will eventually be forced to pay for my own public execution as an Atheist.

The great ORIGINAL question remains - do we pay for it? If so, who is forcing me - and how - and for what purpose? The "Museum" is merely a beginning, illustrative point worth little - except as a single example among countless examples.

Argument means little if the result can't be tied together with the larger structure of reality.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Promethium147"A better approach might be - change the label on the thread itself.
OR split it at the point of derail and make two threads out of one. :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Loffler

Quote from: "McQ"Once again, the thread has veered off topic. Please continue discussion of anything other than the creation museum in a new thread. This is strictly for discussion of the Creation Museum.

For the record I'm perfectly cool with this.

Promethium147

I am always Cool, and gettin' Cooler alla time.

Thread be - "FORCED to pay for Fundies? Yes, you ARE!"

Sehr Gut?

Up within the hour, I say!

McQ

Quote from: "Promethium147"I am always Cool, and gettin' Cooler alla time.

Thread be - "FORCED to pay for Fundies? Yes, you ARE!"

Sehr Gut?

Up within the hour, I say!

I viewed the OP and read every post and understood it well enough to conclude it had veered off too much. It's no big deal to start a new thread, just as you have done. Very appropriate to do so, and it'll make for a good read, most likely.
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: "Loffler"
Quote from: "McQ"Once again, the thread has veered off topic. Please continue discussion of anything other than the creation museum in a new thread. This is strictly for discussion of the Creation Museum.

Quote from: "Loffler"

Thanks, and no sweat, Loffler. I really just wanted to keep the portion of the Creation Museum tax issues separate from the thread when it became a broader topic. What would have been a better choice would be to split the topics, but provide linking to the original. The broader discussion was worthy of its own thread, in my opinion.

Looks like its been added now anyway, so it will keep rolling along nicely.
--Penn Jillette

Loffler

So has anyone visited this museum?

McQ

Quote from: "Loffler"So has anyone visited this museum?

I haven't, but if I was anywhere near there and had the chance, I think I'd have to see it for myself.
--Penn Jillette

LSchune

My eyes crossed two minutes into the video.

It just doesn't make sense.
Steve, I am going to fucking kick your ass when I can find it.

"I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
Rebecca West

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Wh

Improbable

OH GOD THAT MADE ME LAUGH!!!
'Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.' - Richard Dawkins.
   'We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.' - Richard Dawkins.

Messenger

Quote from: "LSchune"My eyes crossed two minutes into the video.

It just doesn't make sense.
You did not notice what he said? he said looking to science with the bible sun glasses
His sun glasses had STICKERS on them  :brick: