Started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, May 07, 2018, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Do we owe Muslims another apology?

This link says yes.
http://bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz-on-islamic-reform

This link says no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM

To those who think we should try to separate the good Muslims from the bad Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJCC2XXMBo

I do not think it is to the non-Muslim world to apologise to Muslims for the criticism we do of their un-civilized ideology.

Should we stop judging and criticizing those institutions of religion that are leading us away from a more civilized state?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Have you tested the ideology of Islam? Is it good to you?

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Is correcting and criticizing Islam the loving or the hateful thing to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8

Regards
DL

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

I don't owe any theist an apology. The apology is owed by theists to humanity.  Your post is borderline trolling on an atheist forum. Don't push your luck.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

The only prople I feel a need to appologise to are those good people whom I wrongly treat or accuse. Those who deliberately act badly deserve no appology whatsoever.

Their belief has nothing to do with it.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Dear muslims, I am sorry your god is make believe. I am sorry you need an imaginary friend to help comfort your worthless existence.  I am sorry you dwell in darkness, and refuse to see the light.

Arturo

Apologize for what? I didn't do shit to them.

Any bad blood that is a result of inherited history is just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm descended from aztec. If aztecs were the ones to take over the world, people would look at us the way everyone else looks at white people. That's just the way it is. But it's not like that so I don't have that weight on my shoulders.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: No one on May 07, 2018, 11:10:14 PM
Dear muslims, I am sorry your god is make believe.

I'm not.

Maybe if you scaled him down to fit his world in a shoe box?
You could watch him make stuff and then peevishly smite it.
Could be a seller, a less relaxing alternative to a fish tank.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Old Seer

The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Tank

Islam is nothing short of a crime against humanity. And I'm not just talking about the ISIS. ISIS kill bodies but Islam kills minds.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2018, 01:09:00 AM
Islam is nothing short of a crime against humanity. And I'm not just talking about the ISIS. ISIS kill bodies but Islam kills minds.

What could make you say such an unkind thing?

QuoteThe Indonesian city of Surabaya has been targeted by a string of attacks in the past 24 hours, including suicide blasts at three churches on Sunday carried out by a single family with four children.
Another family is believed to have carried out an attack at a police station Monday morning, in which four perpetrators on two motorbikes drove into the main gateway of the building before detonating explosives, police spokesman Frans Barung Mangera said.

Oh that's just cultural differences.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Old Seer

wouldn't it be, that if Islam is as good a religion said it is by many Islamist, they would make an attempt to criticize the ones doing the harmful deeds. I expect that the Islamic clergy would be highly outspoken in this matter. But, I've heard nada from them.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Tank

Quote from: Old Seer on May 23, 2018, 04:43:30 AM
wouldn't it be, that if Islam is as good a religion said it is by many Islamist, they would make an attempt to criticize the ones doing the harmful deeds. I expect that the Islamic clergy would be highly outspoken in this matter. But, I've heard nada from them.
I have seen some very outspoken Imams criticizing the terrorists. They don't get reported very much. They also tend to deny that the terrorists are either not Muslims or at least 'not my kind of Muslim!'