News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Kermit and Willie Nelson do this one very well. I like it because the lyrics are encouraging and the melody is soft and soothing.

Right now the world is not looking good.  Misery everywhere, The northwest is burning, Lake Mead is in the process of going dry which will make Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Phoenix unlivable, then there is the floods in Europe and China. Things are not looking good here on this earth...................Enjoy a little song of hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVbD4IN01Ak

hermes2015

Mikko Franck may look like a young Benny Hill, but he's no joker when he conducts.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Papasito, I have been a Salut Salon fan for a long time.  They are both imaginative showmen and damned good musicians.  There are numerous videos of them on You Tube.

German chicks from Hamburg are great fun as you suggest.

billy rubin

billy rubin

hermes2015

She is from the Faroe Islands and her name is Eivør Pálsdóttir. I love her voice and her performance style.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 03, 2021, 09:03:11 AM
She is from the Faroe Islands and her name is Eivør Pálsdóttir. I love her voice and her performance style.

Thanks for sharing this Herme's...I always get so ecstatic when I discover new music, seriously almost nothing makes me happier than hearing and falling in love with a new artist (I owe you a coffee at least for this :))

She is incredible, what an amazing talent!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on August 04, 2021, 03:22:15 PM
Thanks for sharing this Herme's...I always get so ecstatic when I discover new music, seriously almost nothing makes me happier than hearing and falling in love with a new artist (I owe you a coffee at least for this :))

I am so glad you like her as well. I have often said in this forum that one thing I enjoy about music, and classical music in particular, is that it is an adventure of discovery. For me, very few things beat the excitement of discovering a new composer or performer.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

It's amazing. I was just listening to her again and Lulu the parrot responded positively to the music as well.
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 04, 2021, 03:36:40 PM

I am so glad you like her as well. I have often said in this forum that one thing I enjoy about music, and classical music in particular, is that it is an adventure of discovery. For me, very few things beat the excitement of discovering a new composer or performer.

I owe you a cup of coffee as well. The music she makes is magical.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on August 04, 2021, 05:21:15 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 04, 2021, 03:36:40 PM

I owe you a cup of coffee as well. The music she makes is magical.

:boaterhat:
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Here is another cup of coffee for you Hermes. And a bottle of fine wine for the uniquely talented lady.