Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Science GIFS

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 21, 2016, 11:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

That is a spectacular machine xSP. I see it from an engineers point of view and observe the critical timing of those valves. Wow! And the thing does that 50, 60, 70 times a minute for a lot of minutes.......1440 minutes in a day......times 60 means that those little valves did their thing 86,400 times. If a whole year is considered then thirty one million times and when one is as old as me, the total number is .......Oh Shit !........somewhere in the region of three billion. And that is only if the measurement was always counted at rest. Best not to think in those terms I reckon. 

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 11, 2016, 09:43:40 PM

Boom boom...

Er, more like "Boom - squish" for me, the left ventrical is only closing about half normal volume due to now being 25% stiff scar tissue...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

MariaEvri

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 15, 2016, 02:15:40 AM

That's cool. If I remember my national geographic tests I have a deletion  :D
And that heart! Make sme tires just seeing it for some reason
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Arturo

I don't know if this is real. But it's supposed to be a meteor that hit Russia in 2013.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

MariaEvri

It must be real. There are tons of people using dash cams in russia and that meteor was filmed by many
www.poseidonsimons.com

Dave

Recusant

Seems like an bit of something that was somewhat more volatile burned up as it got closer to the ground.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on December 19, 2016, 12:16:56 AM
Seems like an bit of something that was somewhat more volatile burned up as it got closer to the ground.
Yes, most of the shots show that extra brightening and thickening of the "trail". That is was convinced me it was genuine.

CGI is now good enough to be very hard to spot but immitating that, from several angles, would be quite difficult - not worth the bother.

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2016, 09:45:03 AM

Seek and gobble up.
Incredible to think all that sensing and chasing is just done on chemical gradients.

And easy to believe that theory that all multicellular life is really a super-colony of more primitive  forms.

MariaEvri

there was also a huge explosion, broke glasses and made damage

www.poseidonsimons.com

Dave

Quote from: MariaEvri on December 19, 2016, 03:39:36 PM

there was also a huge explosion, broke glasses and made damage

There must have been a hell of a sonic bang as well, it was clocked at about 19km/sec, only about 60 times the speed of sound! But yes:
QuoteThe blast created by the meteor's air burst produced extensive ground damage over an irregular elliptical area a few tens of kilometres across,

Wiki