News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2017, 01:13:58 AM
So I just watched the leaked episode, "Death is the Enemy", and I must say, things have certainly gotten interesting.

Are we finally getting full zombie combat?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 18, 2017, 03:57:49 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2017, 01:13:58 AM
So I just watched the leaked episode, "Death is the Enemy", and I must say, things have certainly gotten interesting.

Are we finally getting full zombie combat?

Let's just say it was a tense episode. And the Night King has acquired a nice, new addition to his army of the dead.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

I saw the HBO Spain leaked episode.  I have some issues with it!  I won't spoil it until others have seen it though.

Arturo

You ever think leaks are part of the marketing campaign?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on August 18, 2017, 01:37:56 PM
You ever think leaks are part of the marketing campaign?

I think almost definitely.

xSilverPhinx

Has everyone watched the latest episode yet?  :sidesmile:

Pasta Chick

Yup. It was too predictable for me. Creating an impossible situation doesn't leave me going "omg, what are they going to do?!" When the obvious conclusion is dragons are going to show up.

Tormund and The Hound win the episode.

I just realized where they're going with this Jon and Dany thing tho... Tyrion starts ranting about heirs apparently with little context. Dany cannot produce an heir. Jon is a Targarian. They're obviously falling in love, as has been a given for several seasons and for all the rush they're putting on other story lines this one is going painfully slow.

So Jon can produce a legitimate Targarian heir. Dany cannot. They're going to play the stupid fucking "love that can not be" game.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 21, 2017, 02:38:46 PM
Has everyone watched the latest episode yet?  :sidesmile:

Twice, and I'm still not sure I entirely understand what went on.  Did only "red shirts" among the Bannerless Men die?  I know I saw several people overcome by zombies, but the only familiar person who died was Top Knot.  And did they lose the zombie they captured, or was it flown out too?

And about those dragons -- just how fast do they fly?  Do they have wormhole technology?

Frankly, I'm not at all comfortable with Brienne going to King's Landing -- it has a death knell feel about it to me.
Sandy

Pasta Chick

Forget how fast dragons fly, the fuck are the ravens doing?! It takes many days to travel from Winterfell to the coast by foot and a raven did it hours?

I don't actually understand who lived and died up north either, but they did bring the zombie back. The impaled it on one of the dragon's larger spines before taking off.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on August 21, 2017, 03:37:48 PM
So Jon can produce a legitimate Targarian heir. Dany cannot. They're going to play the stupid fucking "love that can not be" game.

I think Dany's going to die before the season is over and Jon will inherit her remaining dragons and the kingdom they will conquer together. If this turns out to be true, then they won't have to deal with all that succession conflict. Maybe a different (but still cliché "love that can not be" game).

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 21, 2017, 03:44:08 PM
And about those dragons -- just how fast do they fly?  Do they have wormhole technology?

Wyvernhole technology, of course.  :sidesmile:

Frankly, I'm not at all comfortable with Brienne going to King's Landing -- it has a death knell feel about it to me.

Yes it does, especially since Littlefinger was the one to suggest it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on August 21, 2017, 03:55:47 PM
Forget how fast dragons fly, the fuck are the ravens doing?! It takes many days to travel from Winterfell to the coast by foot and a raven did it hours?

I forgot all about those ravens!  And now that I think of it, what about Gendry?  Just how fast can he run, and for how long without stopping to catch his breath?

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 21, 2017, 04:13:29 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on August 21, 2017, 03:37:48 PM

I think Dany's going to die before the season is over and Jon will inherit her remaining dragons and the kingdom they will conquer together. If this turns out to be true, then they won't have to deal with all that succession conflict. Maybe a different (but still cliché "love that can not be" game).

I would hope not!  Cersei and Jaime are stomach churning enough for me.

Wyvernhole technology, of course.  :sidesmile:

I see what you did there.   :lol:

This makes me sad.  I was so hoping Brienne and Tormund would get one night of passion together before one or both of them gets killed off.
Sandy

Pasta Chick

I love Tormund's crush, but I actually don't want them to hook up. It goes against everything Breinne stands for. Especially his baby fantasy. She's not going to break her oath as a knight to pop off and have some children.

Can we get to the raging inconsistencies in this episode? Are we still waiting for anyone? Like, where the fuck did those chains come from? How did the undead get in the water after it is clearly established they can't get in the water? And other, more spoilery things.

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 21, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what his long game is.  It seems like he's trying to make Sansa wholly reliant on him. Trying to marry her? For power? If so, does that bode ill for Jon and Dany, perhaps?
The timelines are indeed all fucked up, one of the directors essentially admitted it during an interview. This is clearly a byproduct of the shortened season, which begs the question of why they're doing that. Probably a pure business decision from HBO. The show may be wildly successful, but it's still very expensive.
As for how they got the chains down there, we'll probably never know.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

I think this is the most popular thread on the forum, and since I don't watch the show I can't participate in it, so I feel left out and all alone :waah: :cryandrun:

Guess I'll just go back to the old grumpy thread, talk about boners and such.:weepy:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on August 23, 2017, 05:51:50 AM
Can we get to the raging inconsistencies in this episode? Are we still waiting for anyone? Like, where the fuck did those chains come from? How did the undead get in the water after it is clearly established they can't get in the water? And other, more spoilery things.

Go ahead, everyone knows this thread is full of spoilers (especially since it's in the title bwaha), and it's been a while since the episode was both leaked and aired so I think it's safe to assume that everyone who wanted to watch it already has.  :devil: