News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Americans

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 08, 2020, 12:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

THANK YOU!

Thank you for removing that turd from the White House! Now that the "Tropical Trump" aka Jair Bolsonaro has lost his main ally there is some hope for Brazil as well!

Even if Biden has to impose economic sanctions on Brazil due to the environmental crisis, so be it. Hopefully mounting socioeconomic pressures will result in impeachment.

Today is a good day.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Thank you Dr. Silver!  We stand with you in your struggle for equality, liberty, and justice.  It's a new day!

Randy

I had almost forgotten about your president. Let's hope Biden doesn't give him any slack.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

I'd like to point out that the 4M vote margin of people who elected Biden is pretty thin, so far. I live in California, where less than 80% of the vote has been counted. My vote is in that bin, as a mail-in voter. Meaning, I expect a much larger amount of NO for the votes for the chump. That 4M vote is going to increase "bigly", is all I am saying. ;D If I had my say, the chump, his spawn and his sycophants would be rolling to the guillotine in tumbrels.  >:( I'm not certain that I've properly expressed my feelings about the current administration.  :P

Tank

Well done America. You have shown that democracy can work.

My personal hope is that Biden and his team can get some semblance of control over Covid and start to make the people who voted for Trump less alienated within their own country. If not Eric Trump will beat Kamala Harris in 2024.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, there is still danger.  We must remain vigilant and inspired.  I'm hoping the remaining Georgia Senate races will keep the fires of democracy appropriately stoked.

Asmodean

No thanks from me, as it would be inappropriate since the US president is literally hashtag notmypresident. My congratulations to the supporters of the president-elect. To the rest, there is always the next time. Generic platitudes all around.

Do let us remember that it was close. I've read an occasional analyst call it a "rejection" of Trump and/or Populism and/or Nationalism. Personally, I think that particular term would have required the landslide that never happened. De jure, 50% plus one vote is as big a success as 2/3 minus that same vote. De facto, the cup may still be only half-full.

A narrow victory does not make for the radical social shift a lot of people seem to hope or even assume the change in government will herald. They will be disappointed, and I am putting actual money on that.

Eh, well... I shan't rain on the Progressive parade. Who knows, maybe I just happen to be wrong, and soon to be a lot poorer for it.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

I'm pleased with the result. Maybe his staff can take him golfing every day. Now just hoping that the baby in chief doesn't go on a rampage and sign a bunch of EOs to further trash the US. This was a pretty thin win. What we get out of it is a law-abiding administration. It's going to take decades, imo, to clean up the mess. We may never be the same, let alone "great".

Asmodean

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 08, 2020, 08:46:16 PM
What we get out of it is a law-abiding administration.
That's a very brave statement. I hope time proves you right.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2020, 12:34:47 AM
THANK YOU!

Thank you for removing that turd from the White House! Now that the "Tropical Trump" aka Jair Bolsonaro has lost his main ally there is some hope for Brazil as well!

Even if Biden has to impose economic sanctions on Brazil due to the environmental crisis, so be it. Hopefully mounting socioeconomic pressures will result in impeachment.

Today is a good day.

I read that Bolsonaro was considering his options in regard to whether he'll run for office again. I don't know enough about his persona to say whether that's even really an option for him. Maybe he's merely trying to take the temperature of the voting public?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Asmodean on November 08, 2020, 09:29:51 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 08, 2020, 08:46:16 PM
What we get out of it is a law-abiding administration.
That's a very brave statement. I hope time proves you right.

Biden was Obama's vice for 8 years. He knows where the law is, and I haven't seen any scoffing of laws during the Obama administration. So that's what I base my comment on. Given the egregious and flagrant actions of the outgoing president, I expect to see a far more sane and less capricious governance...and at least one order of magnitude less golf, too. I guess we shall see, agreed.

Edit to add, let's watch to see how many of Biden's "henchmen" end up indicted and/or imprisoned. I'll wait a couple of years, just to make it fair. I'm betting nickels to holes in doughnuts that the count will be ZERO.

Asmodean

Vicious allegations about breach of international law have indeed circulated around president Obama's administration.

I seem to remember that it had something to do with either combat drones or rocket strikes, but it may be wrong.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

The fact remains that 70,000,000+ trumpanzees admire a fascist dictator. More that 70,000,000 mindless zombies who  blindly accept what to think, how to think because they are too incompetent to think for themselves. These absolute and complete twatwaffles are perfectly fine with a tyrant who exemplifies their bigotry and hatred. Amerikkka has a long way to go to remove the stench of the trumps.

Asmodean

Quote from: No one on November 09, 2020, 09:03:50 AM
The fact remains that 70,000,000+ trumpanzees admire a fascist dictator. More that 70,000,000 mindless zombies who  blindly accept what to think, how to think because they are too incompetent to think for themselves. These absolute and complete twatwaffles are perfectly fine with a tyrant who exemplifies their bigotry and hatred. Amerikkka has a long way to go to remove the stench of the trumps.
Are you calling me "mindless," No one? Or just Americans who see something worthy of admiration in the president? Or just those who voted? And "blindly accepting?" And incapable of independent thought? Are you really? Because I do admire the president for a number of things - becoming president against all odds among them.

When you have answered that, are you really calling president Trump a "Fascist dictator" and a "tyrant?"

I think we have some beef to resolve here, my friend. Not of an unfriendly nature, but I would like to see you substantiate your description of "Trumpanzees" AND that of the president. for instance, what do you think "Fascist" and "tyrant" mean? Not to mention, how exactly do you define "dictator?"

EDIT: I calim "twatwaffle," by the way. Is mine now.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2020, 08:29:25 AM
Vicious allegations about breach of international law have indeed circulated around president Obama's administration.

I seem to remember that it had something to do with either combat drones or rocket strikes, but it may be wrong.
Aye, Obama did some bad things. That's why it's important to be able to hold out leaders accountable. Something that the Republicans refuse to do to fellow republicans but something that Democrats have done to their own. So the point, I think, is that now there is a better chance at maintaining lawful behavior.

In the least, Biden is not likely to violate The Constitution daily.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.