News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

New to the forum and to the topic of atheism

Started by whitewater, December 07, 2011, 05:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:15:32 PM
Yea, my best friend's gay and I have seen what people will do. Its awful.
At a school I used to go to, a rumor got started that I was gay. (That was when I still though I was straight) It was brutal. Who knew guys would hit a girl just cuz she's gay? Damn. But most of them are sorry now. We were young and they were stupid. (4th grade)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:22:07 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:15:32 PM
Yea, my best friend's gay and I have seen what people will do. Its awful.
At a school I used to go to, a rumor got started that I was gay. (That was when I still though I was straight) It was brutal. Who knew guys would hit a girl just cuz she's gay? Damn. But most of them are sorry now. We were young and they were stupid. (4th grade)

I don't have the guts to hit somebody when I'm pissed, let alone for being gay  :-\
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

QuoteAt a school I used to go to, a rumor got started that I was gay. (That was when I still though I was straight) It was brutal. Who knew guys would hit a girl just cuz she's gay? Damn. But most of them are sorry now. We were young and they were stupid. (4th grade)

Actually, many guys fantasize about lesbians... But I guess that happens when they hit puberty and that happens after the fourth grade...

I've seen some examples of homophobia in my life, but luckily people around here tend not to care. UNluckily, that non-caring tends to encompass much more than sexual orientations.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 10:28:06 PM
QuoteAt a school I used to go to, a rumor got started that I was gay. (That was when I still though I was straight) It was brutal. Who knew guys would hit a girl just cuz she's gay? Damn. But most of them are sorry now. We were young and they were stupid. (4th grade)

Actually, many guys fantasize about lesbians... But I guess that happens when they hit puberty and that happens after the fourth grade...

I've seen some examples of homophobia in my life, but luckily people around here tend not to care. UNluckily, that non-caring tends to encompass much more than sexual orientations.
Yup. And what do you mean by that? O_O
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:30:21 PM
I suspect that our [Talking geography here] general lack of homophobia is not as much a result of us being an accepting society as that of us being an uninvolved society. We tend to do our best to try not to get involved in someone else's business, and that does have a rather large downside.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 10:39:06 PM
I suspect that our [Talking geography here] general lack of homophobia is not as much a result of us being an accepting society as that of us being an uninvolved society. We tend to do our best to try not to get involved in someone else's business, and that does have a rather large downside.

Yea, up north, people don't really talk to each other unless necessary. I remember being totally surprised after moving to the US when a random stranger started talking to me
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:44:28 PM
Yea, up north, people don't really talk to each other unless necessary. I remember being totally surprised after moving to the US when a random stranger started talking to me
Haha. Well, we are filled to the brim with loons so nothing should really surprise you in the US. ;D

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:56:12 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:44:28 PM
Haha. Well, we are filled to the brim with loons so nothing should really surprise you in the US. ;D

It was just strange though, having some random John Doe compliment you on your sweater while you're waiting with your mom at the ATM.

I feel bad for hijacking this thread

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:59:05 PM
It was just strange though, having some random John Doe compliment you on your sweater while you're waiting with your mom at the ATM.

Don't lie. ;D

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 11:01:59 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:59:05 PM

Don't lie. ;D

Okay, I feel semi-bad

not your typical...

Squid

Quote from: whitewater on December 07, 2011, 05:47:09 PM
Hello all I'm new to this forum and decided that it would be a good idea to hear straight from the horse's mouth about atheism. So I thought this would be a good place to start.

Who told you about the horse's mouth?  *shifty eyes* It took me years to get that kind of clearance...*more shifty eyes*

Welcome aboard btw.

Whitney

children; please quit derailing the intro threads.

Thanks  ;D

not your typical...

Quote from: Whitney on December 08, 2011, 01:18:38 AM
children; please quit derailing the intro threads.

Thanks  ;D
Oh right... This was someone's intro.... Sorry.

Buddy