News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Happy ex-mo

Started by keithpenrod, December 07, 2011, 12:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Welcome, kpr!  You'll find unknowing here.
Na, that doesn't work.
What's the opposite of those that assume?
Unassuming? no that's way to sad.
The questioning?
The questing...
Confused
Cantankerous
Contemperaneously chalenged ignorer of red squiglies

You'll find a pudding with an adventurous taste for hats!

Crow

Welcome keithpenrod,

That's an interesting story you have to tell and I for one enjoyed reading it. I'm sure you will add a good and interesting dimension to the forums discussions with the experiences you have had in life.
Retired member.

keithpenrod

Quote from: Too Few Lions on December 07, 2011, 02:52:39 PM
welcome to the forum Keith. I learned most of what I know about Mormon history from South Park, I hope they got it reasonably accurate. If you haven't seen it already you might enjoy the episode on Mormons,

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-south-park-all-about-mormons/3dbc3ec28f4ad658c80d

Surprisingly, they did get a lot of it very accurate (probably because the creators themselves are ex-mo).  I think that parts of the things they got wrong they did on purpose, maybe just to be funny.  The main surprise for me was that JS put his face in a hat when he "translated" the Book of Mormon.  I didn't know that, but what was even more surprising was that one of the apostles actually admitted it in an Ensign article several years ago, so I should have known it as an active Mormon.  I really wonder how many people read that article and actually thought about how ridiculous that mode of "translation" really is.  Oh well.

Sandra Craft

Welcome, Keith.  I can understand just a bit of what you went thru as I spent some time in the Mormon church during my mother's second marriage -- even got baptised for the dead.  It's quite an experience, having to re-evaluate every single thing you've ever believed.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Jose AR

Welcome. Sounds like you have been through a lot. Why do the monotheisms hate homosexuality so much? I mean if god made everything then he made you, so WTF! anyway welcome!
Jose