News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

So, like, our president is back in the U.S. and tweeting like crazy... :worried:

President Trump reclaimed his voice on Twitter on Sunday after a relatively quiet foreign trip where he didn't hold a news conference and didn't tweet much.

The common theme in the series featured complaints about news coverage of his administration. In a string of missives, Trump blasted stories based on anonymous sources as "fake news."
Read tweets here, if you want:  :picard facepalm:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/05/28/trump-back-tweetstorm/102261912/

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

There is a video clip in that link that shows Trump holding the PM of Montenegro back so he, Trump, can stand in the front line if the photo-op. Typical narcisistic behaviour. Youtube version:

And if you do not give the media your version of the "facts" they will certainly look for their own. It's the nature of the beast!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Just make sure you have covfefe out there folks!

Dave

I can't find the ref but it seems, in defence of his incorrect  tweet about Sadiq Khan, President Shithead now claims the real words are actually made up in response. So he compounds his crime by his own words.

Diplomats, even retired ones, are usually diplomatic - but it seems they have limits, from The Express (not normally a rag I would source but, in this case, an eminently more accurate source than Presudent Shithead I would suggest)...

QuoteSir Christopher Meyer, the former British ambassador to the US, used some rather undiplomatic language in a Twitter message, saying the US President made him "puke".

He wrote on the social networking site: "World leaders call for unity. Trump tweets the complete opposite... Let me be diplomatic. Trump makes me puke."

Seems Shithead Jr is also a dab hand at misreading, or not reading at all, and misconstruing the words of others in his tweets. A true chip off the old turd following the family tradition.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/22/donald-trump-jr-tweet-london-mayor-sadiq-khan

Just how much national and international embarrassment can the GOP soak up before they kick him out? Still, I suppose political power is political power no matter how you gain and keep it - within the law. Seems his poll ratings continue to fall.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Davin

Quote from: Gloucester on June 05, 2017, 06:50:19 PM
Just how much national and international embarrassment can the GOP soak up before they kick him out? Still, I suppose political power is political power no matter how you gain and keep it - within the law. Seems his poll ratings continue to fall.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
I think the Republicans are going to be riding Trump whether he succeeds or fails they'll only jump off near the end and either way will use him as a scapegoat to further themselves.

Whatever Trump is doing, it doesn't matter that much to the GOP, because they're still fulfilling many items off of their agenda using Trump as a smoke screen or instrument. It's true that they're not as unified as they were when they were against the scary black man who destroyed our country by cleaning up the mess they left behind the last time they had control, but they still get to do a lot of damage.

So I don't think there is anything that Trump can do to make most of the GOP jump ship. The only things that will get them to turn their backs on President Comrade Cuck, is to let it run its course. Preferably sooner by impeachment, but that only has a chance if people vote out all the Republicans they can.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Perhaps the Independent has an insightful look into Trump:

Donald Trump might be the dimmest President the US has ever had

It should come as no surprise - and it has not - that he is sorely lacking in sophistication, knowledge of the world, understanding of government and a rudimentary grasp of economics
President Donald Trump does not read - except in small doses and when his own name appears prominently. Prior to the presidency, his only activities were work and golf. He does not mingle with intellectuals, cultural trend-setters or artists.

It should come as no surprise - and it has not - that he is sorely lacking in sophistication, knowledge of the world, understanding of government and a rudimentary grasp of economics.

Sitting atop arguably the great resource on the planet - the body of knowledge retained by American government experts on everything from economics to medicine to military history - he remains blissfully ignorant on a range of subjects.

Davin

Quote from: Gloucester on June 06, 2017, 08:45:21 PM
Quote[...]he remains blissfully ignorant on a range of subjects.
He doesn't seem very blissful.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on June 06, 2017, 08:49:23 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 06, 2017, 08:45:21 PM
Quote[...]he remains blissfully ignorant on a range of subjects.
He doesn't seem very blissful.
:grin:

Language is such a slippery thing...
(Especially English, one of its best features!)

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

The more he plays golf the less damage he can do. Don't knock it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Good article on Ol' Tweety Pie in the Sydney Morning Herald.

As they say foreign governments are going to judge Anerica by the content of Trump's tweets, since there is little of any diplomatic consequence coming out of the Trump Shite House. If nothing else there will probably be contempt for the man and that will reflect on the country that voted him into power.

And he is still intent on getting his own placemen in influencual positions it seems:

QuoteSo on Wednesday Trump was able to tweet, without first informing Congress or anyone else it seems, that he would nominate Christopher Wray, whom he described as "a man of impeccable credentials", as the next director of the FBI.

If his nominee was checked out, the process would have revealed that Wray is currently a partner with King & Spalding, a global law firm that includes among its clients the Russian state-owned oil company Rosneft.

In 2013, King & Spalding advised Rosneft on its takeover of TNK-BP, a $US55 billion-dollar deal that made Rosneft the largest listed oil producer in the world. The deal was finalised at Vladimir Putin's mansion, according to a report in The Guardian newspaper that was accompanied by photos of the smiling Russian president shaking hands with the BP and Rosneft chiefs.

Now who is to say there is anything wrong with a partner from this firm heading the FBI while it investigates the Trump campaign's dealings with Russia? It's just that we might all feel a bit more comfortable if someone other than the tweeting President had even known about this.

Davin

Looks like Trump's new lawyer might be just as good as his doctor.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on June 09, 2017, 06:41:07 PM
Looks like Trump's new lawyer might be just as good as his doctor.
:o ;D :-\

Arturo

F. Get Oranger

Edit: oops
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱