News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Oh, dear, some spoilsport in the Trump Shite House seems to have caught on - returns an error 404 nessage now! :(
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Yeah, they finally fixed it. It was fun while it lasted.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Dave

In case the sacking of the FBI chief confuses you . . .

I have to admit I have lost travk of the Trump's excuses reasons for this, not thst I had much respect for Comey's actions.

America is seemingly now governed on the basis of the personal opinions and biases of the man in the White House.

joeactor

Dead Presidents on Trump: Richard M. Nixon...

Davin

Well, it took like two years for Nixon, Trump is still on course to break the record.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on May 16, 2017, 08:47:12 PM
Well, it took like two years for Nixon, Trump is still on course to break the record.
[/quote

He's an overachiever, for sure...

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on May 16, 2017, 08:59:57 PM
Quote from: Davin on May 16, 2017, 08:47:12 PM

He's an overachiever, for sure...

I'm still worried that nothing will happen.

Dave

Well, looking around for the news on what Trump told the Russians I liked this prediction by Reuters:

QuotePresident Donald Trump disclosed highly classified information to Russia's foreign minister about a planned Islamic State operation, two U.S. officials said on Monday, plunging the White House into another controversy just months into Trump's short tenure in office.
(My bold)
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKCN18B2MX

I am sure what the meant was something like "... just two short months into Trump's tenure in office." Only a slight shift of wors but a big shift in meaning!

So, were these big secrets or commonly known facts? Dunno yet, but blabber, or is it "blather", mouth seems quite likely to blab stuff just to boost his own importance.

On the other hand working closely with the Russians against the so-called IS could pay dividends - if honesty is applied by both sides.

Oh, shit, forget I suggested that . . . Honesty, or at least transparency, and any kind of politics are not comfortable companions.

Essie Mae

None of it seems real from here in UK. Every time I see him on TV, the phrase 'Pretend President' springs to my mind. Surely he won't go the 4-year distance?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 16, 2017, 09:32:41 PM
None of it seems real from here in UK. Every time I see him on TV, the phrase 'Pretend President' springs to my mind. Surely he won't go the 4-year distance?

I agree, keep thinking it is something from the pen of a new Pratchett or one of the authors of the "comedy dystopia" genre books.

Just it isn't and the whole world could suffer if it goes wrong. I do notice that American high ranking armed forces and government officers are, sort of, getting more politically active. In some, once or still, authoritarian countries that can be a sign of an up-coming coup of some sort. Trump is an authoritarian.

Essie Mae

Agreed. You couldn't make him up.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 16, 2017, 10:02:38 PM
Agreed. You couldn't make him up.

You could, but you would have to be a bloody good author with a weird and warped sense of humour.

Neil Gaiman might manage it! :D