News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Some people who dislike ACA Obamacare can not tell you why they do not like it.  They have been persuaded that it is a communist plot to destroy America or that it actually does encourage "death panels". That term; death panel, is generally attributed to the brilliant bulldog with lipstick, Sarah Palin.

The "fake" news has lately shown some town meetings that have actual members of the red party who are insistent that ACA not be abolished. The chickens are coming home to roost.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on February 25, 2017, 07:35:45 PM
Some people who dislike ACA Obamacare can not tell you why they do not like it.  They have been persuaded that it is a communist plot to destroy America or that it actually does encourage "death panels". That term; death panel, is generally attributed to the brilliant bulldog with lipstick, Sarah Palin.

The "fake" news has lately shown some town meetings that have actual members of the red party who are insistent that ACA not be abolished. The chickens are coming home to roost.

I like the Trumpheads who had no clue that what is commonly referred to as "Obamacare" is actually the same as the "Affordable Care Act" and so they were quite giddy to repeal the former since they were adequately covered under the latter.

Anyway have you heard about the horror going on currently in Japan?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Dave

^  pretty graphic, but also pretty accurate for the first one - we can only hope for the second.

Was ever a POTUS so universally, internationally, disliked, even hated?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 28, 2017, 02:54:30 AM
^  pretty graphic, but also pretty accurate for the first one - we can only hope for the second.

Nixon was pretty bad I heard. Also some others from the wild west and civil war era I also hear, like Lincoln.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on February 28, 2017, 07:49:53 AM

Nixon was pretty bad I heard. Also some others from the wild west and civil war era I also hear, like Lincoln.

Hmm, could be but Nixon was a "single issue" crook, Trump has a much wider portfolio!

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 28, 2017, 08:19:00 AM
Quote from: Arturo on February 28, 2017, 07:49:53 AM

Hmm, could be but Nixon was a "single issue" crook, Trump has a much wider portfolio!

That is very true.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Trump's latest theme, "Never mind the environment, damn the starving, let's have more killing machines!"

Even the ex-generals seem to be appalled, let's hope Congress has a sudden attack of sanity.

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

He has a 44% approval rating, so it's not universal.  And disapproval is 48%, so less than half.  What is significant is that the approval is so low so soon in his presidency.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 28, 2017, 04:43:10 PM

He has a 44% approval rating, so it's not universal.  And disapproval is 48%, so less than half.  What is significant is that the approval is so low so soon in his presidency.

True, poor choice of word on my part - I meant that, barring the keaders of certain countries  who might need "alternative" markets in a few years (Britain? Never!), there seems to be global negative reaction.

And judging by the behaviour of some American companies to impose their rules and American laws on others,  I am very unhappy with our choices if Brexit gies ahead. Personally I am not that bothered about GMOs in many cases but I still want mandatory labels on the food and the option to refuse.

Added: I should have mentioned the above is in the context of Trump's "America first" rhetoric - taken to the extreme such a person might reach that will probably not be good for trading partners.

But, with Trump, who knows?

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 28, 2017, 05:11:50 PM

True, poor choice of word on my part - I meant that, barring the keaders of certain countries  who might need "alternative" markets in a few years (Britain? Never!), there seems to be global negative reaction.

And judging by the behaviour of some American companies to impose their rules and American laws on others,  I am very unhappy with our choices if Brexit gies ahead. Personally I am not that bothered about GMOs in many cases but I still want mandatory labels on the food and the option to refuse.

Added: I should have mentioned the above is in the context of Trump's "America first" rhetoric - taken to the extreme such a person might reach that will probably not be good for trading partners.

But, with Trump, who knows?

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say he's retarded. I don't mean that in a conical or metaphorical way but I mean he is actually retarded. The motives behind everything he does is incredibly obvious. But people rush to defend him like he is a mentally ill child he doesn't know any better.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

I find it truly disturbing that 44% approve. Amazing how easily led the populace can be.

As for retarded, not sure. I think it's more likely a combination of other psychological problems combined with early-onset dementia.

Dave

Arturo wrote:
QuoteI'm just going to go out on a limb and say he's retarded. I don't mean that in a conical or metaphorical way . . .

Conical? As in

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tom62

I think that Trump is a typical case of "either you like him or hate him". There doesn't seem to be any middle ground
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein