News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on July 31, 2016, 07:13:36 PM
Yet Trump continues to dig his own hole deeper in the eyes of any rational,person.

Rationality is not a chief component of Trump's die-hard supporters.  So many times Trump has said or done something that made the rest of us say "this will surely end his candidacy" only to have his supporters just cheer it on.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

joeactor

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@TrumpInsulter
Losers such as Donald Trump use me for publicity for themselves. They are strictly third rate.
5:13 PM - 4 AUG 2016
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2016, 09:15:54 PM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@TrumpInsulter
Losers such as Donald Trump use me for publicity for themselves. They are strictly third rate.
5:13 PM - 4 AUG 2016
QuoteGoofball atheist Mags never had a chance.
3:31 PM - 4 AUG 2016
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2016, 11:38:34 PM
"Goofball atheist" :lol:
I know!  ;D
I just entered, Mags, and it gave me "Goofball atheist Mags."
How did they know? It's so accurate.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on August 04, 2016, 11:52:52 PM
I know!  ;D
Well, Trump just got his mitts on the top secret briefings, which means that you're being watched.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on August 05, 2016, 02:39:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 04, 2016, 11:52:52 PM
I know!  ;D
Well, Trump just got his mitts on the top secret briefings, which means that you're being watched.

joeactor

Recent news:

The Harvard Republican Club broke a 128 year tradition, and is not supporting the Republican nominee:
QuoteIn every presidential election since 1888, the members and Executive Board of the Harvard Republican Club have gathered to discuss, debate, and eventually endorse the standard-bearer of our party. But for the first time in 128 years, we, the oldest College Republicans chapter in the nation, will not be endorsing the Republican nominee.
Donald Trump holds views that are antithetical to our values not only as Republicans, but as Americans. The rhetoric he espouses –from racist slander to misogynistic taunts– is not consistent with our conservative principles, and his repeated mocking of the disabled and belittling of the sacrifices made by prisoners of war, Gold Star families, and Purple Heart recipients is not only bad politics, but absurdly cruel.

Full post here:
https://www.facebook.com/HarvardGOP/posts/1190758900944693

... and a conservative writer for the WSJ penned this:
QuoteThis is what became obvious, probably fatally so: Mr. Trump is not going to get serious about running for president. He does not have a second act, there are no hidden depths, there will be no "pivot." It is not that he is willful or stubborn, though he may be, it's that he doesn't have the skill set needed now—discretion, carefulness, generosity, judgment. There's a clueless quality about him. It's not that he doesn't get advice; it's that he can't hear advice, can't process it or turn it into action.

full article:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-week-they-decided-he-was-crazy-1470354031

Dave

Well, one cannot get a more comprehensive description of the True Trump than those methinks.

It would seem that Trump has decided to turn the United States election into one big reality show with himself as the star clown. Later: or is he actually part of Hillary's team?

Whether he wins or loses one gets the feeling that American politics are never going to be the same again. Might it be that The American Dream that anyone can run for president will be seen as the nightmare it has become? It will be sad to most Americans but perhaps future contenders will have to actually demonstrate that they are qualified before being allowed to even enter their name. That only those with prior party endorsement will be allowed to campaign under the party name. An endorsement thst can be withdrawn at any point.

The Republucans have made total idiots of themselves and the Democrats are running a very close second place.

Later: Hmm, just realised that would not stop the likes of Trump starting their own party . . .

Even later: if America does not seriously modify their political system after this farce then . . . well is there any hope for the United States. How long 'til Texit?

Essie Mae

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 04, 2016, 12:19:52 AM
I repeat my prediction - Trump won't win.

and I, along with millions more didn't think in my wildest nightmare, that we'd leave the EU. I agree with Gloucester; be afraid ....... and get your young ones galvanised.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare