News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 22, 2016, 01:09:18 AM
My main objection to the wall (other than the fact that it ain't gonna happen and it wouldn't work and it's stupid) is that it would destroy a lot of beautiful scenery.  I cannot imagine Big Bend National Park with a wall along the Rio Grande.  Total rape of nature.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 22, 2016, 01:09:18 AM
(other than the fact that it ain't gonna happen and it wouldn't work and it's stupid)
I'm so glad you cleared that up.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on July 21, 2016, 10:45:03 PM
...Funny you mentioned 'The Wall'...  :grin:
US election: Artist builds wall around Trump's Hollywood star

The artist, who emigrated to the US from the UK four years ago, says he's not a fan of Donald Trump, "In the US you'll interact with immigrants from all over the world and it's one of the things that makes the US so great. Donald Trump's policy proposals are a threat to all of the immigrants."

Why the fuck has Trump got a Holywood Stsr?
Has the "star" system, already crap, degenerated that far?

Do you get one with your cirnflakes niw?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on July 22, 2016, 05:34:43 AM

Trump got a star for his role as the Producer in NBC's The Apprentice.
That poor star has been vandalized so many times. The wall around it was the latest one.
I'll cover the images because they're not pretty.  :-\
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Laura Ingraham  :watching:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on July 22, 2016, 07:33:44 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 22, 2016, 05:34:43 AM

Trump got a star for his role as the Producer in NBC's The Apprentice.
That poor star has been vandalized so many times. The wall around it was the latest one.
I'll cover the images because they're not pretty.  :-\

The whole "star" system stinks IMHO.

The dog's opinion was quite accurate!

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on July 22, 2016, 07:42:40 AM
Laura Ingraham  :watching:

While I would seriously question her intelligence to say that a right arm wave is automatically a sign of Nazi sympathy is a bit stupid IMHO.

Perhaps a right arm held rigidly straight at about 45O, hand open and held in that manner for at least five seconds approximates a Nazi salute. But to say that automatically makes the person a Nazi indicates there are hundreds of Nazis of every political colour in public life.

More media hype, more reasons to treat most of the papers and news stations with contempt.

Tank

What are the odds Trump gets bumped off before November? America has a lot of guns and a lot of nutters.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2016, 05:31:41 PM
What are the odds Trump gets bumped off before November? America has a lot of guns and a lot of nutters.

Betcha most of the nutters are on his side!

Unless a really militant psycho hippie gets him!

joeactor

It's bound to happen:
Psychiatric hospitals filling up with time travelers sent back to kill Donald Trump

Icarus

^ I think that to be some sort of sick humor. 

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on July 22, 2016, 05:33:42 PM

Betcha most of the nutters are on his side!

Unless a really militant psycho hippie gets him!
:smileshake:
Only if you're this type of hippie:

joeactor

Dave

I am constantly surprised that there are not more people drawing parallels between Trump's "ideology" and that of the Nazis.

But then, it being America, global home of litigation and the Trump's propensity to use that path . . .

One has to be very careful.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Gloucester on July 23, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
I am constantly surprised that there are not more people drawing parallels between Trump's "ideology" and that of the Nazis.

But then, it being America, global home of litigation and the Trump's propensity to use that path . . .

One has to be very careful.

It bothers me, again, because of the extreme hypocrisy (and complete ignorance of history).

It would be one thing if it were just ignorance. But no. We've had actual groups and movements making shit up about the Third Reich to "prove" Obama is just like Hilter. Now this asshole is actually doing shit that Hitler did and whoa, isn't he just the greatest!

Pasta Chick