News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Workshop and fixit stuff

Started by Dave, July 10, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 19, 2021, 03:17:50 AM
OK, we're getting pretty far off topic, but I will add that I had considered donating my body to science. That can be done, and they will harvest what they can use and cremate the remainder, which is returned to your family. All that is free. It turns out that there is green burial, which returns one's body to the soil in a number of ways. The big deal for me with this is that cremation is a heat-intensive (thus carbon-intensive) process, and embalming just seems to be a racket, as far as I am concerned. I'd like to think that my rotting dead carcass would provide some nutrition for a tree. I'll be looking further into this, and, depending on what I find, incorporating it into my wishes for what happens after I die.

I have had identical thoughts on the matter. I would be interested to know what you've decided.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

I'm going to be buried under a sapling and slowly defuse back into the Universe :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on March 19, 2021, 07:44:16 AM
I'm going to be buried under a sapling and slowly defuse back into the Universe :)

From where?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 19, 2021, 11:25:47 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 19, 2021, 07:44:16 AM

From where?

From the concentrated Universe known as 'me' :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Good answer, I award you a rubber chicken.

Pseudo rubber

I award you a pseudo rubber chicken.

Pseudo chicken.

I award you a pseudo rubber pseudo chicken.

Pseudo award.

::)

I psuedo award you a pseudo rubber pseudo chicken.

Tank

Tank

The plaque has arrived. Her ashes were about the size of a 1.5kg bag of flower so this is way too big!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2021, 11:35:20 AM
The plaque has arrived. Her ashes were about the size of a 1.5kg bag of flower so this is way too big!

I don't think it is too big, there's room for her to take some of her stuff with her.
It's probably good to have a book or some amusement if there's delays in transit.
A range of shiny things are recommended for bribes, to ease your way to the next.
If you'd made it bigger you could have entombed a sub optimal grandchild or two.

Davin

I made one of these, this one in fact:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Davin

Yeah, plays up to 16 bit era games well. Working on a different version right now, looks more like an original GameBoy.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: Davin on May 10, 2021, 03:32:15 PM
Yeah, plays up to 16 bit era games well. Working on a different version right now, looks more like an original GameBoy.

So are you making this on a 3D printer?

Davin

Quote from: Tank on May 10, 2021, 05:40:57 PM
Quote from: Davin on May 10, 2021, 03:32:15 PM

So are you making this on a 3D printer?
Yeah, and then soldering and working on the electronics inside of it.

Tank