Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hi everyone!

Started by Piratenerforsej, March 24, 2012, 07:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Whitney on April 08, 2012, 07:44:31 PM
Quote from: OldGit on April 08, 2012, 03:21:08 PM
Allô!  J'admire le mixture de Français and English, c'est vachement ludicrous.  However my tackle is fine, merci, alors va te faire foutre and up yours.

I don't know enough french to know what the above fully says but it was reported.  So, just a general reminder to please consider civility when making posts.

For the record: What in the hell did he say?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Piratenerforsej

I would like to know too :P

Sandra Craft

I did a Babelfish translation of it and now I'm even less enlightened, but the last 2 words of OGs post seem to pretty much say it all.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

It basically translates as 'I admire the French and English mixture, it's bloody ludicrous. However my tackle is fine, thank you, so get stuffed and up yours....

... which doesn't make sense at ALL, since nobody was speaking french or referring to his 'tackle' (god no, LOL).

Which is why I called him crazy and said I liked him.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Piratenerforsej

ibm

Quote from: OldGit on April 08, 2012, 03:21:08 PM
Allô!  J'admire le mixture de Français and English, c'est vachement ludicrous.  However my tackle is fine, merci, alors va te faire foutre and up yours.

From the movie The Matrix Reloaded:

Merovingian - I love French wine, like I love the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. « Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculer ta mère ». It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it. –

I dare not translate.

ibm

I overlooked a small detail:

I see a correlation between the two French quotes. In a French environment such as France, I do not think that it would be too offensive. But it could get "Lost In Translation".

fishtumor

I'm new too and welcome. COSMOS

En_Route

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 24, 2012, 07:24:07 PM
Hi!

I'm Rose and I'm happy (almost always) and atheist  :)
I love taking photos of the  beautiful nature.

I like cake, strawberrys and a good movie or book.
I believe in love and happiness.

When I'm sad, I always find a way to be happy.
:D

- Rose :)

Yes, three cheers for cake in all it's richness and diversity.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Piratenerforsej

Thanks and YEAH :D Cake for life!