News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Sorry for all your troubles. Congrats on the 1000 posts. Now you get to figure out some cutlery!

Randy

You mean like the cutlery you have in your signature? I wouldn't know how to begin.  :shrug:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Because of the heat I got very little sleep last night. Nothing like being sleep-deprived to really set the grumpy mood for the next day.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

I just got released from four days in the hospital. The first time I was brought coffee it was cold. The next day it was lukewarm. The third day they didn't even offer it. The fourth day I had a nutritionist to come up and find out what I'm able t eat. I told her the various things I've discovered recently but at this juncture I'd like some hot coffee.

I got some and of course it was terrible. I think it was old and burned. Three creamers to bring it back to looking somewhat palpable. It wasn't. I've had battery acid that tasted better.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Wrong place to say it, but I'll say it here, anyway. Not grumpy to see you back!

My back is hurting like hell from being on my hands and knees, bailing the water out of the dishwasher so that I could clean out the drain pump. That didn't work, so I guess the hose is blocked. I made an attempt at pulling the dishwasher out, but couldn't get it to clear the counter and the floor at the same time. We're washing dishes by hand for a few days until my back is better- and my son can help.

billy rubin

lol

i haven't had a dishwasher in 37 years? maybe only 36

cant do it now because all our water drains out the floor of the cellar into the bar ditch along the road.

i have never managed to teach my kids how to wash their own dishes as they go, but now that we have year-round running water at least the sink doesn't fill up with their grimy stuff.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

I ended up divorcing my dishwasher. (Okay, okay, I'll behave!)

DL, people like you and I can throw our backs out too easily. I haven't done it yet but know that I can. Let the young whippersnappers do it.

Dark Lightning

Yeah, once my one son gets another day off, we'll get it out where it can be got to. As long as we stay on top of the dishes, it won't be too bad. Though I despise doing dishes.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 14, 2021, 03:25:21 PM
Wrong place to say it, but I'll say it here, anyway. Not grumpy to see you back!

My back is hurting like hell from being on my hands and knees, bailing the water out of the dishwasher so that I could clean out the drain pump. That didn't work, so I guess the hose is blocked. I made an attempt at pulling the dishwasher out, but couldn't get it to clear the counter and the floor at the same time. We're washing dishes by hand for a few days until my back is better- and my son can help.
I replaced my dishwasher a few months ago because the old one broke. Those little adjustable feet are a pain in the ass.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Davin on January 15, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 14, 2021, 03:25:21 PM

I replaced my dishwasher a few months ago because the old one broke. Those little adjustable feet are a pain in the ass.

Indeed. That is exacerbated by the fact that wood floors replaced a linoleum floor covering, which was a good 1/2" thinner. I managed to stuff it in when it was new, but it was a struggle. I may have to use dynamite. Given the way the wood floor is lasting in the kitchen (25 year warranty means zip point shit, when the company folds-which is what happened), I'll insist on linoleum or the like, next time.

Icarus

Our old dishwasher was working well but it was noisy as a freight train.  We bought a new one with quiet features. I was to install it. Piece of cake, right?  Murphy's law was in full effect of course.

A few years back we had tile installed on the kitchen floor. It was so high that the old machine could not be removed.  Woe is me.  I had to rip up several of the tiles to get the old machine out and of course replace tiles after the new machine was in place. Then there was the grout and all that.  One damned thing leads to another.....The new grout was a brighter shade than the existing grout.  So now I had to tear out about 100 lineal feet of grout and replace it with new. Plenty of work and sore knees but the job was done. To be sure I was grumpy.

Dark Lightning

Indeed. I was suspecting that I was going to have to pull up a bunch of flooring. Not a pleasant prospect. With a little K-Y and some vise-grips we managed to pull it out. There is no blockage evident in the hose, and we know the pump works because it sprays water inside the cabinet. I'm thinking that the solenoid/valve that shuttles between spray the dishes/drain the cabinet is jammed. Looking for the warranty information now. Even if it isn't covered under the warranty, I want that determined by a technician. Even if I have to barf up some coin. I found an inspection sticker from April '18. I didn't think that it was that new. :shrug:

Randy

Finding out that I'm down to three antiemetic pills (for nausea). I haven't needed them a whole lot but entering the weekend without a supply around is a little scary for me. I had to take one about thirty minutes ago. I don't know why doctors don't put a high number of refills on the bottle. Sure it can be abused but looking at how long it's been between orders should show that I only take them as necessary.

Dark Lightning

Are anti-emetics narcotics? Medication has strange rules. I have to wait 48 hours for my blood pressure medication refills because they need a doctor's approval. If I had plans to ace my life out with blood pressure pills, I'd already be dead. It may have been here that I read where some people were grinding their loved one's medications for easier swallowing and the large initial dose of blood pressure medication resulted in that person's immediate demise.