News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Darn Billy and I thought computer programming was tough!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

Yesterday I was stupid enough to fall in a Facebook phishing trap. One of my trusted ex-colleagues created a new Messenger group for ex-Thomas Cook employees in which a dubious video appeared. That video led to a fake website which tries to steal your Facebook credentials. To my great shame, I must admit that I wasn't suspicious enough and fell in that trap.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tom62 on February 03, 2021, 06:51:44 AM
Yesterday I was stupid enough to fall in a Facebook phishing trap. One of my trusted ex-colleagues created a new Messenger group for ex-Thomas Cook employees in which a dubious video appeared. That video led to a fake website which tries to steal your Facebook credentials. To my great shame, I must admit that I wasn't suspicious enough and fell in that trap.

Did it try to steal your your Facebook credentials and succeed?
What are the ramifications?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 03, 2021, 10:45:41 AM

Yes, it succeeded to steal my credentials. It started to send the same video to all of my Facebook friends in my name. So I had to inform my friends, change my password and secure my Facebook account.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

Quote from: Tom62 on February 03, 2021, 05:11:14 PM

Yes, it succeeded to steal my credentials. It started to send the same video to all of my Facebook friends in my name. So I had to inform my friends, change my password and secure my Facebook account.
Ouch Tom that is terrible. Have you recovered yet?
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

I know!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: Randy on February 03, 2021, 06:09:03 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on February 03, 2021, 05:11:14 PM

Ouch Tom that is terrible. Have you recovered yet?

Luckily it didn't install any viruses. So yes, everything is fine again.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

Today it's pain and sickness. The pain is from the cancer and I think the sickness is from the chemotherapy. I woke up this morning grumpy and I still am. :geezer!:

Icarus

My gripe is not even in the same league as Randy's.  I apologize for posting this Micky Mouse complaint.

Yesterday I got my second covid shot.  The first one caused very little discomfort.  This one has been most unpleasant. My right arm where the needle was buried, hurts like bloody hell.  I have flu like symptoms that include chills, sore body parts, zero appetite, and the desire to sleep around the clock.

I will probably have improved in a few days. Meanwhile ...... I am miserable. :chairhide:

billy rubin

when i was a kid the cholera and typhoid inoculations were the worst ones

icarus, i hage heard that a reaction like yours means 5he immune system is functioning correctly

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on February 05, 2021, 11:43:17 PM
My gripe is not even in the same league as Randy's.  I apologize for posting this Micky Mouse complaint.

Yesterday I got my second covid shot.  The first one caused very little discomfort.  This one has been most unpleasant. My right arm where the needle was buried, hurts like bloody hell.  I have flu like symptoms that include chills, sore body parts, zero appetite, and the desire to sleep around the clock.

I will probably have improved in a few days. Meanwhile ...... I am miserable. :chairhide:

As billy pointed out this probably means the first one took well.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on February 05, 2021, 11:43:17 PM

I'm glad you wrote about this. My time will be coming sooner or later and I'd like to know what I'd feel like.

Do you do anything for the flu like symptoms to ease it up?

Icarus

Ordinary aspirin helped ease the miseries but did not eliminate them.  Acetaminophen (Tylenol) did not seem to be as effective for me.  I was advised NOT to use Ibuprofin for the next few days.  This is my third day after the injection and symptoms are almost all gone.  Hmmmph....I lost my taste for alcoholic beverages  during these three days.

Dark Lightning

Mine hurt a bit, so I went out and pumped some iron to equalize the pain and work the stuff out of the muscles. If you lost a sense of taste, or it was diminished, I'd expect that it triggered the appropriate immune response? Mine no longer hurts, though I do take 400 mg of Naproxen Sodium in the mornings for foot pain.

billy rubin

damn

got fired again.

getting fired from my job seems to be a recurring aspect in my career.

this time it was because of a water spill on pad, a serious issue. before that they obsreved me on camera coding a destination into my GPS. then there was pulling the wrong valve and cutting a wire downhole, and before that i tipped a a porta john over with my trailer.

never got fired anywhere until i started blue collar work in the oil patch. although i got fired in white collar oil field stuff too, but that was a long time ago.

anyway, arranged another job that same afternoon driving sand boxes locally. not so sure what it consists of yet, seems to be two weeks on, one week off, 24/7 on duty during the two, driving sand and freight regionally, within a thousand miles or so.

just turned 65 years old, and i'm getting tired of this rat race. my dad died when he ws 69, so i have four years to go if i follow in his footsteps before i auger in

set the function, not the mechanism.