News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2020, 07:56:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 18, 2020, 03:58:38 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2020, 01:54:36 PM
Here's another letter:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/lisa-leslie-dear-america-racism/amp
QuoteCourtesy of Lisa Leslie
Dear America,

Our whole lives you've wanted black people to 'love' you, to pledge their allegiance to you.

You want us to love you when serving in uniform, but when we are out of uniform, you throw us aside as if we never served and protected you.

You want us to love you when we protect your fancy cities, but you designed them to keep us out.

You want us to love you on the grand stage of the Olympics, but you give us no peace or justice at home.

You don't want us to expose your treatment of us to the rest of the world. You want us to stay silent and keep this a family secret.

Well, now everything has been exposed in broad daylight for the whole world to see.

If people want to get a group of people to give a shit about the social contract, then they should make sure that that group of people is protected by the social contract. It's hard to blame people for opting out of a contract that controls them but doesn't protect them.
Yes.
Let me give you an example of this. Undocumented workers, in the USA, are given, by the IRS, what they call, an ITIN number to report their taxes.
--"I don't want you here, you don't exist, but bitch, give me your money."

--I'm sure they have contributed a lot more than Trump has.

But, when the pandemic hit, they were not included in the govt economic stimulus package. They got zero. This included their USA citizen significant other and their USA born kids. They get no unemployment benefits, they don't qualify for anything, nada, no help..."But boy are we the ones messing up the economy!" "Why can't you guys get ahead!?" "Why do you guys live in such bad neighborhoods?" "Stop feeling sorry for yourselves!"  ::)

Mother fuckers.
Keep wondering why we like to hear music that tells the government to fuck off."
:reading:
To add insult to the injury, cruise lines that market exclusively to the US, but registered their companies in other countries to avoid paying US taxes, got bailed out.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 18, 2020, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2020, 07:56:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 18, 2020, 03:58:38 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2020, 01:54:36 PM
Here's another letter:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/lisa-leslie-dear-america-racism/amp
QuoteCourtesy of Lisa Leslie
Dear America,

Our whole lives you've wanted black people to 'love' you, to pledge their allegiance to you.

You want us to love you when serving in uniform, but when we are out of uniform, you throw us aside as if we never served and protected you.

You want us to love you when we protect your fancy cities, but you designed them to keep us out.

You want us to love you on the grand stage of the Olympics, but you give us no peace or justice at home.

You don't want us to expose your treatment of us to the rest of the world. You want us to stay silent and keep this a family secret.

Well, now everything has been exposed in broad daylight for the whole world to see.

If people want to get a group of people to give a shit about the social contract, then they should make sure that that group of people is protected by the social contract. It's hard to blame people for opting out of a contract that controls them but doesn't protect them.
Yes.
Let me give you an example of this. Undocumented workers, in the USA, are given, by the IRS, what they call, an ITIN number to report their taxes.
--"I don't want you here, you don't exist, but bitch, give me your money."

--I'm sure they have contributed a lot more than Trump has.

But, when the pandemic hit, they were not included in the govt economic stimulus package. They got zero. This included their USA citizen significant other and their USA born kids. They get no unemployment benefits, they don't qualify for anything, nada, no help..."But boy are we the ones messing up the economy!" "Why can't you guys get ahead!?" "Why do you guys live in such bad neighborhoods?" "Stop feeling sorry for yourselves!"  ::)

Mother fuckers.
Keep wondering why we like to hear music that tells the government to fuck off."
:reading:
To add insult to the injury, cruise lines that market exclusively to the US, but registered their companies in other countries to avoid paying US taxes, got bailed out.
"That makes me smart."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

It went on too long, twenty minutes to review 2020, too long, should have done it in two.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 22, 2020, 12:11:10 PM
It went on too long, twenty minutes to review 2020, too long, should have done it in two.

20:20 min  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2020, 06:15:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
Now that was entertaining! I had hoped to see robots that could do things like this. I remember seeing videos way back when that showed them learning to walk.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Randy

It makes me think that the future is here and robots will soon have this desire to eradicate humans to get rid of all that is wrong in this world.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on January 01, 2021, 07:55:36 PM
It makes me think that the future is here and robots will soon have this desire to eradicate humans to get rid of all that is wrong in this world.

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine :rofl:

Randy

Quote from: Tank on January 01, 2021, 08:31:26 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 01, 2021, 07:55:36 PM

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine :rofl:
I watch way too much sci-fi I suppose. ;)

billy rubin

you wan tto see a lunatic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Kb5r7MHXE

sure, and it looks a boomb . .

took me four years to build, it did . . .

used a rear brake off an old willys, yes . . .

he finally moves it at 18:23

it runs on coal.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 02, 2021, 01:37:31 AM

it runs on coal.
It looks scary.

Hey Jeb lookit this!
Does it blow up?
Ah reckon it might. Let's see...

That's kind of what goes through my mind. :grin:

Tank

Quote from: Randy on January 02, 2021, 03:51:06 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 02, 2021, 01:37:31 AM

it runs on coal.
It looks scary.

Hey Jeb lookit this!
Does it blow up?
Ah reckon it might. Let's see...

That's kind of what goes through my mind. :grin:

The pressures in a boiler and steam cylinder are no higher than a diesel engine. I suspect that steam engines have a bad reputation because of the early days of steam when there was a lot of dodgy materials used in boiler construction.

billy rubin

they were abused too

i think the number was 30? percent of all mississippi river steamboats in the 19th century blew up. too many weights hanging on the safety valve

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."