News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Yuja Wang is superhuman. She is a helluva show person as well. She often combines her incredible piano ability with costumes that can only be described as..... whoooo sexy.

The sexy part may not capture your particular attention Hermes, but for over the hill horndogs like me, yummy! 

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on July 02, 2023, 01:18:57 AMYuja Wang is superhuman. She is a helluva show person as well. She often combines her incredible piano ability with costumes that can only be described as..... whoooo sexy.

The sexy part may not capture your particular attention Hermes, but for over the hill horndogs like me, yummy! 

:snicker1:  I can still see that she is attractive, even I don't want to sample the goods.

I wonder whether she has any brothers.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Ms Wang was apparently born with extraordinary abilities.  Here, she is an eight year old and then beyond.  One of the things I have noticed is that sheet music is never in sight at her piano. Yet she plays in perfect unity with symphony orchestras. No doubt the conductors have something to do with that but I find it remarkable none the less.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

I am hooked on almost any music that John Williams does. He has gotten more than old enough to retire and I shall miss him. Here he is while with the Boston Pops orchestra. He has an exceptional guest singer as you can see and hear

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

I've been meaning to replay the game this is from. A Final Fantasy-like Japanese RPG. Good times.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

This composition is most often done as a classical guitar piece. (see Ana Vidovic for an elegant example with guitar)   Here it is done by a pianist, with obvious passion.

The Magic Pudding.

The Magic Pudding.

The Magic Pudding.

The Magic Pudding.

Icarus

Popular "music" these days almost always uses overwhelming percussion.

Way back in time I was a percussionist in a symphony orchestra. My conductor would have killed me had I overwhelmed the other instruments with my Tympani...(except for introduction for Beethoven's fifth).  The prohibition is still with me. I want to strangle the damned drummers who make so much intrusive noise. 

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein