News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Trump Indicted

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, April 02, 2023, 01:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Things are getting interesting over here. There is going to be violence somewhere over this, eventually.

Tank

He goes to court on Tuesday I believe? Have you seen what he has called the judge before he is even in the court? He could get 90 days for contempt without even opening his mouth (with luck).
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

He'll probably never see a jail cell, not even for the classified stuff, sad to say. It's where he belongs, as far as I'm concerned.

billy rubin

we'll see how he behaves in the arraignment, and how his various minions behave around the country. i think that will set the tone for what follows, at least in the short term.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

That mug shot!

Apparently this is an example of the 'Kubrik Stare'.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

all of this would be comical if the stakes were not so high

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Tank on August 26, 2023, 11:13:51 AMApparently this is an example of the 'Kubrik Stare'.

No it isn't, it's It's Blue Steel.

No it isn't, it's Magnum.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

billy rubin

the guy is embarrassingly shallow.

well, not him so much as everybody whop actually thinks there is something in hios head besides kapok.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on August 26, 2023, 11:13:51 AMApparently this is an example of the 'Kubrik Stare'.
...Which was monetized with impressive immediacy. You can has mugshot mugs, because you can do stuff like take shots out of a mug, but also T-shirts and a whole bunch of other merch. Read in our media that the sales already passed ten mill US.

I must admit, I kinda' want one of them mugs - just for the cheap puns.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

The world is closing in on Mr. Trump. He has appeared in court where his usual arrogance and demonstrative facial expressions have not served him well.

He was recentl burdened by a gag order which he promptly violated. The poor man is incapable of keeping his mouth shut. Today a court Judge fined him $10k for ignoring the gag order. More to come I suspect.

Meanwhile his many former acolytes have thrown him under the legal bus, better to save their own asses.

;D

Dark Lightning

The fall from an elevation of extreme wealth to prison has to be about as far as a person could fall, methinks. IMO, he's had enough wealth to shield him from prosecution. He used to be able to fend off lawsuits just by being wealthy. One can buy "justice" to a point. The Federal well of money is deep. I hope that the US doesn't spend a billion on his prosecution, though it would be worth it, in the long run.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Icarus on October 26, 2023, 03:29:46 AMThe poor man is incapable of keeping his mouth shut. Today a court Judge fined him $10k for ignoring the gag order.

How come no contempt of court?
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

This is getting fun to watch :popcorn:

billy rubin

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on October 26, 2023, 08:37:53 AM
Quote from: Icarus on October 26, 2023, 03:29:46 AMThe poor man is incapable of keeping his mouth shut. Today a court Judge fined him $10k for ignoring the gag order.

How come no contempt of court?

incremental, i guess. money is the only currency trump values. if he was cited for contempt and imprisoned he would just sell coffee mugs. making him pay money is possibly the best motivator.

5000, 10000 . . . maybe the next time is 20 000?

Asmodean

Oh yes, that's right! I've been wanting me one of them mug-shots because bad pun. :smilenod:

...Oh, well. :sad sigh:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.