News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

For the birds

Started by Icarus, September 07, 2020, 04:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

If any of you are interested in birds, here is a useful site that tracks migration patterns and more.  This a program created by Cornell University, one of the worlds most prestigious ornithology labs.

https://birdcast.info/

Recusant

It's an active time of year for bird migrations in North America. Interesting site, thank you for posting it, Icarus:)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Ecurb Noselrub

I think buzzards in Texas are getting dumber.  I never used to have to worry about hitting one while they feasted on roadkill.  In the past few years I've hit two of them.  The idiots fly right in front of the car.  Now I slow down when I see them feasting. I've had a number of near misses.  Either they are slower or stupider.  Maybe it's the heat.

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 29, 2020, 03:08:03 PM
I think buzzards in Texas are getting dumber.  I never used to have to worry about hitting one while they feasted on roadkill.  In the past few years I've hit two of them.  The idiots fly right in front of the car.  Now I slow down when I see them feasting. I've had a number of near misses.  Either they are slower or stupider.  Maybe it's the heat.
Have they damaged the car in any way?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 29, 2020, 03:08:03 PM

The other day I almost ran over a pigeon. It was just standing there, looking at my car closing in with its large googly eyes and didn't budge until the last second. It was standing in the middle of the lane so I couldn't swerve to avoid it.   

Ok, maybe I imagined the googly eyes...but it was still a strange pigeon.

It was probably sleep-deprived and hence a little slow. We had strong winds and lots of rain the night before. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

MarcusA

a coupla crows
saunter around the corner -
suspect gangsters
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Birds are the descendants of the Dinosaurs, and they are primitive little buggers.

billy rubin

came home and the chickens were burying themselves in dust.

not a joy i share but they seemed to be having a good time

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

So T-Rex probably tasted like KFC.

MarcusA

Did anyone else hear that scientists are thinking of bringing Dodos back to life?
Fair dinkum, they're serious now.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: MarcusA on April 25, 2023, 10:17:32 PMSo T-Rex probably tasted like KFC.

No, they'd probably taste more like chicken.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

MarcusA:
Did anyone else hear that scientists are thinking of bringing Dodos back to life?
Fair dinkum, they're serious now.

I try not to swallow any of the raven madness of the interwebs, or parrot what the flock chirps out. I not a fan of eating crow.