News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Your best practical joke

Started by Guardian85, February 25, 2012, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2012, 07:18:07 PM
I never owned up to that one!
Mice with balls... We really ARE dinosaurs on the brink of extinction to remember that, are we not?  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 26, 2012, 07:28:09 PM
Mice with balls... We really ARE dinosaurs on the brink of extinction to remember that, are we not?  :(
Lad, I remember a time BEFORE mice!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tom62 on February 26, 2012, 11:34:22 AM
Most fun that I ever had was when I replaced a coworker's Windows desktop with a screenshot of his desktop. You should have seen his face when he tried to double click on the shortcuts.
Very good! I'll have to remember this one!

Be careful, I did this to a house mate in uni and it turned out for the worse. I put all the icons in a folder on the desktop thinking he would see it eventually and figure it out, however he deleted and that folder just so happened to contain all of his uni work (and had no backup).
Retired member.

Guardian85

On modern optical mice you can do the same trick with opaque tape. like electrical tape or masking tape.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2012, 07:43:08 PM

Ooh! An ancient Sinclair! It's from before my time, true, but not by much. Early 80s, yes?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 26, 2012, 08:47:53 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2012, 07:43:08 PM

Ooh! An ancient Sinclair! It's from before my time, true, but not by much. Early 80s, yes?
March 81 according to Wiki.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Well, I may not have thought that to be the creme of technology at any point, but I know what it is. Dinosaur, I tell you.  :'(

Of all the phobias on Earth, The Asmo had to get himself a case of gerascophobia and it's terrible.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 26, 2012, 08:55:37 PM
Well, I may not have thought that to be the creme of technology at any point, but I know what it is. Dinosaur, I tell you.  :'(

Of all the phobias on Earth, The Asmo had to get himself a case of gerascophobia and it's terrible.  >:(
It gets worse every day!

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2012, 08:56:57 PM
It gets worse every day!
Yes. It very much does. That's the sucky part.  :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Quote from: Asmodean on February 26, 2012, 07:28:09 PM

Them and the joysticks...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on February 26, 2012, 08:55:37 PM

Oh Puh-leeeeeeze.  Geriatric Ali is unimpressed with a vital young twenty-something sniffling about his age.  >:(

Amicale

When I worked in a call center, I'd help the supervisors out when they went to meetings, by watching the call queues. Basically monitoring how many calls we had waiting, how long people were spending on calls, etc. Our section of the call center had unilingual English speakers, and bilingual English/Spanish speakers, because our campaign was for an American company and customers would call us from all over. Well, one of my Spanish coworkers was a little bit uptight, was getting all pissy with everyone, picking fights with coworkers, and was complaining that he didn't want to take any more calls in English, he was tired of it and he wanted to just slack off and speak his own native language because he was tired, hung over, etc...

Of course, he was just complaining to complain, and had no idea that over at the supervisor desk, I could control who got which call next.... so I watched the queues, saw the calls coming in, and as soon as I saw an English call, I'd send it right to him. Again and again. For 3 hours, he took all English calls, and couldn't figure out what the heck was happening to him, because all his buddies around him were getting the Spanish ones, and he kept swearing under his breath and calling them lucky. He was all like, "the call system freakin' hates me!!"  ;D

When our (bilingual) Supervisor finally came back, I told her what I did and why I did it, and I expected her to roll her eyes and give him some 'easy' calls. Nope. She got this wicked grin on her face, and permanently re-routed all the English calls to him for the rest of the day. It was epic.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 01:08:44 AM
Oh Puh-leeeeeeze.  Geriatric Ali is unimpressed with a vital young twenty-something sniffling about his age.  >:(
That was yesterday.  :'( Today, it's the Old And Shriveled Twenty-Something-Plus-One-Day.  :'(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on February 27, 2012, 06:56:36 AM
Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 01:08:44 AM
That was yesterday.  :'( Today, it's the Old And Shriveled Twenty-Something-Plus-One-Day.  :'(

Still unimpressed.  You know that I'm seriously teetering on the edge of 32, right?  How can you torture me with your little "Oh, I'm about to be 27 or 28?!?"  Have you no heart?  27.  Pah.  Why don't you just wave your healthy young loins while you're at it?  (Trying to keep a straight face.  No really don't wave your 20-something loins in my face.  Snicker.)