News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Your Current Obsession

Started by curiosityandthecat, July 10, 2008, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Quote from: "Willravel"
Quote from: "Evolved"
Quote from: "susangail"My MacBook.

I love my MacBook Pro.  Macs rule! :beer:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

susangail

Quote from: "rlrose328"I had a Mac (iMac, the boxy one that was teal green/blue when it came out?) back in 1998 when I got a job at a place that was all Mac.  I bought one so I could learn it at home and be proficient at work.  I HATED THAT MACHINE!  It crashed once a week, necessitating big-time messing to get it to work.  I had it worked on and contacted Apple about it, and they made it seem like it was MY fault somehow.  I turned it on... it froze... I rebooted... everything gone.

I'm a PC user, through and through.  I know my way around it, can go behind the scenes to fix things... I have total control.   ;) Glad your proud of your PC. I know a lot of people that hate it but have no choice.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

joeactor

How'd this turn into a PC vs. Mac thread?

Elitist Snob or Corporate Tool...

Ok, so I'm a Corporate Tool, with Elitist Snob leanings.
(I'm on a PC, but like Mac's OSX and A/V tools)

Not converted yet,
JoeActor

p.s. my wife wants the "Air", but none of her stuff will run on it...

myleviathan

I'm very utilitarian when it comes to my computers. I work with both macs and PC's, and I have to say at this point I prefer PC's. PC's are easier to troubleshoot, although their customer service is horrible. Mac customer service is a (little) better, maybe on a good day. Macs don't have a registry, so it's harder to uninstall something that may be causing a problem, like ITunes. I always have to laugh when itunes fails on a mac. It's like, wow. Plus, macs aren't as user friendly if you like to build your own computer to customize it how you like. You can build your own Mac, but Steve Jobs will find you and kill you if you do. Most 'do it yourself' Mac projects have pc or intel components. Like this project :  http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=274

I like the guys quote when he says "...it’s interesting to think that the days of the do-it-yourself Mac may be just around the corner."
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

susangail

Quote from: "joeactor"How'd this turn into a PC vs. Mac thread?
I was actually thinking of starting one... hehe...
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Tom62

I never liked the Mac until the more recent models came out. Before that I really disliked their design (plain ugly) and their huge price tags.
But to go back to the original question. My obsession this week where twofold: 1. playing late night chess on the internet and 2. the new release of my open source software. As punishment, I'm now suffering from sleep depreviation and a dislike for anything that has to do with a computers (whether it is a PC or Mac). So I wish you all very good night, morning  or afternoon, depending on which side of the globe you are on.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

crocofish

I'm generally obsessed with computer stuff all the time, for work and for play.  I use Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX just about every day.  I do spend most of my time at home on my MacBook.  Once Apple switched to the UNIX-based Mac OSX, it has been very stable, like Linux with a more polished interface.

My other growing obsession is my possible 3 week trip through Europe this Fall, still in the planning stages.  I just went through the passport application process today.  I have never been out of the US on a trip which required a passport.  I did go on a short excursion to Canada and to Tiajauna but those don't really count as foreign travel.  Sometimes it feels exciting to go to Europe, and sometimes it feel scary since my world is so US-centric.  The language and cultural challenges are scary, and being so far from home is scary, but it can also be a mind opening experience, if I go.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

afreethinker30

I've spent most of the week listening to Richard Dawkins " The God Delusion " ," The Ancestor's Tale" and am starting on " River Out Of Eden".I wish I had more time to read but lately things have been crazy.So I have the audiobooks.The best thing about the audio is that they are read by Mr.Dawkins himself.And I can listen while I get much needed things done.My other obessions at the moment landscaping (getting ready to put out some fruit trees),finding a book about evolution for an 8 yr old,birdwatching which has been a love since I was a wee one and finishing my bedroom curtains.

afreethinker30

Elitist Snob or Corporate Tool...

Ok, so I'm a Corporate Tool, with Elitist Snob leanings.
(I'm on a PC, but like Mac's OSX and A/V tools)

Not converted yet,
JoeActor

p.s. my wife wants the "Air", but none of her stuff will run on it...

It's not pc its freakin windows that is the problem.Dare I admit I would love a Mac but that means giving up my kick a$$ monitor  :(

rlrose328

Ooops... I hijacked it... I'm outta practice, sorry!
**Kerri**

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "rlrose328"

I won't report you if you obsessively report your latest obsession.  ;)
-Curio

rlrose328

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "rlrose328"

I won't report you if you obsessively report your latest obsession.  ;)

RIght... latest obsession... still Pokemon.  Put in two hours today on both Pokemon Pearl for DS and Mystery Dungeon (Time).  It's hard to put it down!!!
**Kerri**

Tanker

Quote"Elder" is written with an e.  Do no misspell the greatest TPS ever!  (  )

My current obsession is Stargate Atlantis.

Sorry my last obsession was War Hammer 40K One of the races is called the Eldar guess they're still stuck in there somewhere.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

MariaEvri

my latest obsession... ehm...
cars
its about timE I buy my own and everywhere i go in the streets I look for the particular brands I want and search them online an din magazines.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

curiosityandthecat

Got a new one.

Sunshine.

Just rented it on Blu-ray and, phew, quite a ride. Now I have to get 2001: A Space Odyssey to show the lady, since it's like trying to watch ... well, any Western film and never having seen Seven Samurai.  :cool:
-Curio