News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

You guys rock!

Started by EvolutionCalling, June 25, 2008, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionCalling

I would just like to say how happy I am to be on this board!  The name does it justice, you guys are good spirited, happy atheists with a sense of humor.  I was posting on another board (that will go nameless) that had a very militant (perhaps?) tone to it.  There was a lot of conspiracy flinging going on and a lot of "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" screams without considering there is no such phrase in the Constitution.  Nothing was brought to the table in the form of constructive discussion.  Rational posts where ignored in favor of assumptions and I'd liken it to the Atheist version of Christian fundamentalism!  So, in other words, you guys rock!  Thanks for being awesome.

(where the crap did that *points down to ad* come from)

pjkeeley

I'd like to second that motion!
 :beer:

Will

I blame laetusatheos for all of this board's successes, along with all of my fellow happy atheist cohorts.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

jcm

Quote from: "pjkeeley"I'd like to second that motion!

The smilies get a little hostile though, I don't think this guy :banna:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

susangail

Here here!!

I've been on a few other forums as well and they all seem so... I don't know, like you have to sit up straight when you type and triple check your posts to make sure someone won't catch you on something (which still happens a billion times). On one, you mention "god" and they say "define that 'god', what is this 'god' you speak of"?. It seems uptight to me.

HAF is like home. I'm not afraid to post something that may or may not make me look like an idiot, and I don't feel like things will be held against me because of my age either. The atmosphere is just different here, more comfortable.

Happy posting all!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

crocofish

Quote from: "jcm"I don't think this guy :banna:
Then you would really like this (jcm's avatar doing the banana dance):
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Evolved

Mini wave in celebration of the HAF!

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

EvolutionCalling

Peanut butter, jelly time?

jcm

Awesome!!

...and a baseball bat!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Asmodean

Quote from: "jcm"
Quote from: "pjkeeley"I'd like to second that motion!

The smilies get a little hostile though, I don't think this guy :banna:

Nono, this guy  :banna: Although this guy  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

weedoch

I'm new to the site too and it seems to have seeped into my life a little too readily! I think this guy  roflol  out for a drink as he seems more fun.

EvolutionCalling

I can't say I blame  :banna: like that.  I'd probably have the same reaction if I came across a dancing banana.  But  :brick: do that.  Sicko.

Asmodean

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"I can't say I blame  :banna: like that.  I'd probably have the same reaction if I came across a dancing banana.  But  :brick: do that.  Sicko.
Well,  :brick: and  :borg: 's body
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

EvolutionCalling

Well....

:D  ;)  :(  :eek2:  :blush:  :nerd:  :mad:  :blink:  :secret:  :crazy:  :pop:  :hide:  :rant:  :banna:  :hmm:

and especially  :borg: (robots don't have souls silly)

better go to church or

:evil:  will get them!

jcm

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"Well....

lol  :)  :P  :eek:  :|  :idea:  :upset:  :shock:  :raised:   :confused:  :cool:  :brick:  :hail:  :unsure:  roflol  :beer:

but not  :devil:  and  :crazy: