News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

You're going to Hell!

Started by EvolutionCalling, June 25, 2008, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

Quote from: "SunKissed"lol I got that even while I was pretending/forcing myself to be Christian. Every time I said "I believe in God, but I'm not sure about Jesus and the Bible" someone assured me that I'm going to hell, and the only way out is if I believe in Jesus.

You'd think believing in God and being a good person is enough :(
Yeah you'd think, but even accepting Jesus isn't good enough. Nothing is. Ha tell them that last line and see what they say... "There are no good people! Only God is good! Be cleansed with Jesus' blood!!"
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Steve Reason

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"Do you get that reaction from a lot of Christians?  It's usually one the first things they manage to utter when I tell them I am an Atheist.  

I was in a truck stop the other day and a church group was stopped there as well.  Their van had a flat tire, so while waiting for it to be fixed they thought they had found the perfect opportunity to do God's work and began milling around witnessing (harassing  :hmm:

Weirdos.

You're my new hero.  :D
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Steve Reason

I don't run into them much anymore here in Indy for some reason. Just luck I guess. I usually would talk with them just for sport, but now I think I'd just give them a wave of my hand and tell them to keep walking--and a few other choice words. It's poison, plain and simple, and I don't think I care to hear one more fucking word of it from them--especially after the sermon that my uncle's preacher gave at his funeral. You don't know how hard it was to hold my tongue, and the whole thing left me even less amiable toward religious gobbledygook.
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Chimera

I have a friend online who sometimes tries to witness to me with "scientific" proofs of God's existence (all of which are mentioned, and dispelled, in Dawkins' The God Delusion). Next time she tries it, I'll remember this thread, lol.

And to the person who mentioned Occam's Razor (which I love to death):

"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman