News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Your into alot of things, what is they?

Started by Biggus Dickus, April 23, 2016, 06:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Imma talking about hobbies, things people here liked to does in there spair time. I liked to play my guitar lots, also riding my bicycle on the trails of dirt playing racquetball and cooking the foods and reading book.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

Hm... I like playing the oboe and bassoon, and attempting to mess around with the many other woodwind/brass instruments I have (alto/tenor saxophone, bass clarinet, clarinet, trombone, trumpet, etc., etc.). I really, really like brass/woodwind instruments can't you see?! My title is no joke. >.<

I also like reading books on the history of brass and woodwind instruments. Yeah, I'm super boring. I probably already lost you there. >.<

Otherwise, I have had interest in photography and graphic design. My signature is kind of the result of both, although this signature only contains one of my photographs - the bassoon one (the left-most photo). I haven't made a signature in years, though, and even though I got a really fancy new camera I haven't taken much on it that I like. *sigh*

I don't really have any 'active' hobbies aside from that. I enjoying watching a variety of cartoons and anime. I sometimes play video games, but I'm not obsessed or anything. I stick to games of series of played when I was younger and have different reasons for enjoying them. For example, when I play a new Kingdom Hearts title, I think I enjoy the music more than anything else, but I still do enjoy it altogether. Music has always just been a big deal to me!

I also like making ridiculously long posts on forums that go much further into detail than anyone asked for. I'm sorry. I can't stop myself...  :'(

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Pasta Chick

^^Do you have any video or sound clips of performances?

I primarily mess around with my dogs, as most are aware. We do mushing sports on our own, which sadly is pretty disorganized around here. I actively compete in flyball, I'm looking to get into barn hunt and considering weight pull as well although venues are difficult to find. I enjoy organized sports as they present clear goals for training.

I like being outside in general. As the weather has warmed I've been gardening quite a bit, although we're not even out of April and already in a fairly significant drought, so we'll see how that goes.

Considering taking up some sort of art again, as I've finally arrived at a point where I have both free time and some funds.

Ecurb Noselrub

Exercise, yard work (weird, right?), bass guitar, mandolin, acoustic guitar, reading in other languages (Spanish, Italian), Lumosity (99.5 percentile for my age), traveling, beer, wine, spirits (the drinkable kind), goofing around, chess every now and then (if it's literally "every now and then" that would be all the time, right????), reading novels, eating, staying in different hotels.

Harmonie

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 23, 2016, 11:16:57 PM
^^Do you have any video or sound clips of performances?

Not currently, unfortunately... Or perhaps I should say fortunately. >.<

Whether it's fortunate or unfortunate, I was inspired to play the oboe by a wonderful musician who records her own covers of video game music from series like Kingdom Hearts. That was actually my initial goal when I picked up the oboe, until I was led to my oboe teacher who got me thinking of school again.

Well, finding out that these two individuals know each other (this is no small coincidence, I assure you. The one who inspired me lives many states away and the college they both went to is way up North. Incredible story, I knew the first through YouTube, and only YT. I was led to my oboe teacher not by her, but by a member of my community orchestra... Sorry, I had to tell some of this because it is by far the strangest thing that has ever happened in my life), the truth came out and now my teacher does know I want to record, and actually we're planning to work on a piece to record after my recital. My recital of doom I shall call it. >.<

So, maybe someday. Maybe. I have a nice microphone I bought last year. It doesn't seem to work with Windows 8. >.<

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 24, 2016, 01:04:28 AM
Exercise, yard work (weird, right?), bass guitar, mandolin, acoustic guitar, reading in other languages (Spanish, Italian), Lumosity (99.5 percentile for my age), traveling, beer, wine, spirits (the drinkable kind), goofing around, chess every now and then (if it's literally "every now and then" that would be all the time, right????), reading novels, eating, staying in different hotels.

:thoughtful:

Traveling...yard work...ever consider coming to Porto Alegre, Brazil? :P 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

driving, photographing, drawing and watching movies
oh and eating
yes
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Davin

Mon-Fri:

• 5:20/30am - 6am: Get up, clean up, and drive to work.
  • 6am -10am/11am: Work.
  • 10am/11am - 11am/12pm: Walk around for an hour while reading and/or using duolingo.
  • 11am/12pm - 2:30pm: Work.
  • 2:30pm - 2:50pm/3pm: Drive home.
  • 3pm/3:30pm - 4/4:30pm: Jog and weight train.
  • ≈10 minutes: Clean up.
  • 4:50/5:20pm: Make and eat dinner.
  • 6pm - 7/7:30pm: More walking and reading.
  • 7/7:30pm - 9:30pm: Doing other things.
  • 9:30pm - 10pm: Prep breakfast and lunch for the next day.
  • 10pm - 11pm/1am: Work on one of the two games I am working on, other programming projects, drawing, 3D, writing, or music.

That is mostly what I do on the weekdays right now, though starting this year I swapped walking around playing video games with walking around and reading. Rarely, if there is a good reason to, I will move my schedule around a little bit. It seems like a lot, but it feels natural to me because I worked into it slowly. Several years ago, it was mostly just free time that I mostly wasted.

On the weekends I tend to do all sorts of other things like visit galleries, museums, national parks, watching a movie in a theater, and various other things. I also walk at least 6 miles a day and read at least 10% of a book a day even on the weekends. The rest of my time is spent relaxing, playing video games, and at least an hour (but usually more), working on one or more of my projects.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 25, 2016, 04:07:51 PM
Mon-Fri:

This, here is a little bit vague, could you please give us more details.
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

Reading
Learning random things by doing online courses
Relearning and improving my French
Being a geek about work and researching educational stuff
Watching movies and netflix binges
Making dollhouse and miniature things

I obviously end up doing a lot of things with scamp too - art and crafty things, swimming, going for walks, playing xbox lego games, playing with real lego etc

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 25, 2016, 06:05:48 PM
Quote from: Davin on April 25, 2016, 04:07:51 PM
Mon-Fri:

This, here is a little bit vague, could you please give us more details.
:grin:
There is too many other things to talk about though! I watch TV during some of the other things like working out or when I'm walking around while reading. I also sometimes watch TV while working on my projects. That time right there is my free time when I do all sorts of other things, sometimes watching more shows, sometimes reading more, sometimes, walking more, sometimes developing more, sometimes doing nothing, ... etc.

It's really pretty boring.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

^^^
I was just kidding, Davin, you didn't have to answer that.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Reading, and writing on FB about what I've read.  Since I retired I've also starting doing embroidery again.  Mostly stamped pattern stuff, which leaves me with a lot of pillowcases and tablecloths to find homes for -- I just like sewing, I don't have any real use for most of the things I make.  I've also done a bit of counted cross-stitch, which is more difficult and a lot more prone to hard-to-correct errors, so I only do that on the request of friends.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

Just sitting there, thinking ineffable thoughts.  You don't do much else for  a while after a heart attack.  It's OK, though. :)