News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

For the record.

Started by Old Seer, January 25, 2023, 03:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Many/most religions claiming Christianity are teaching it's the Biblical end time. Some say there are events already happening presently to that end. That means (as I take it) the end time is under way. If so, all governments should crash and burn within the next year or two. What excuse will they have about 2 to 3 years from now when they find they're wrong. I say everyone of them is wrong.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

No one

Mysterious ways and shit.

Icarus

Quote from: Old Seer on January 25, 2023, 03:48:53 PMMany/most religions claiming Christianity are teaching it's the Biblical end time. Some say there are events already happening presently to that end. That means (as I take it) the end time is under way. If so, all governments should crash and burn within the next year or two. What excuse will they have about 2 to 3 years from now when they find they're wrong. I say everyone of them is wrong.

I think that it is the Pentecostals that are so certain of the end times. They truly believe in the rapture event that may arrive at any time now. Of course there are some other groups who are true believers, certain of eminent arrival of the end times by other means. 

What the hell!  Maybe global warming, and the influence it has on our atmospheric condition is the beginning of the end times. As soon as our potable water is gone, we are all doomed.

Let us hope that we HAFers shall unite in hell.   :beer:

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

The world will be ending any time soon as soon as Jesus arrives. haha
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Old Seer

Quote from: MarcusA on April 27, 2023, 07:25:08 PMThe world will be ending any time soon as soon as Jesus arrives. haha
In biblical terms they have it correct except the time.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

MarcusA

Quote from: Old Seer on April 28, 2023, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: MarcusA on April 27, 2023, 07:25:08 PMThe world will be ending any time soon as soon as Jesus arrives. haha
In biblical terms they have it correct except the time.

In Biblical terms, Jesus was a man.

MarcusA

What can you say about prophets? All prophets are insane.

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on May 03, 2023, 04:50:18 AMWhat can you say about prophets? All prophets are insane.

Or lairs. Mohammed was far from insane. He was a cold hard calculating manipulative man who mugged his fellow Arabs. Joseph Smith did the same thing with Mormonism and he was a convicted conman.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on May 03, 2023, 04:50:18 AMWhat can you say about prophets? All prophets are insane.
Having never met a prophet or come into possession of a psychiatric evaluation of one, I couldn't comment on their sanity one way or the other.

What I can say about them, however, is that I suspect at least some actually believe what they are selling. Others... Recognise charisma as a useful tool of manipulation. Some of those really let the thing run wild on them, ending up with stuff like cult massacres.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Charisma is one thing, love is another. Love upholds truth.

MarcusA

Prophets are only concerned in what profits them.

MarcusA

Lead and don't follow.

MarcusA

WRONG WAY, GO BACK; DEAD END; STOP.
Signs of the times.

MarcusA

"The Lord is a man of war"
making mischief wherever.