News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

So your in a situation where you can only save one life.

Started by Curt, July 11, 2021, 02:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curt

So your in a situation where you can only save one life. Your favorite pet that you have ever had in your life or a random stranger you have never meant and know nothing about. So do you save your favorite pet or the random person?

billy rubin

lol

i just take the stranger and kill him  , tben feed his body parts to my favorite pet and try not to think about my motives

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on July 11, 2021, 02:17:58 AM
lol

i just take the stranger and kill him  , tben feed his body parts to my favorite pet and try not to think about my motives

Does long pig make good kibble? Asking for a "friend".

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 11, 2021, 02:17:58 AM
lol

:thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

QuoteSo your in a situation where you can only save one life. Your favorite pet that you have ever had in your life or a random stranger you have never meant and know nothing about. So do you save your favorite pet or the random person?

QuoteEarth/Population 7.674 billion (2019)

Fuck, is it that many? and more now..
Ah, they should stop being so many.

I don't really do the pet thing, both my daughters have two dogs that they treat like children. I'd rather not be referred to as their grandpa but I let it pass.

There's always people somewhere on the brink who could be kept alive for the price of the upkeep of a western pet.

shrug emogee

Images of fishing boats in ant/arctic waters taking the food of the beasts there for fat people's pets disturbs me.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Curt on July 11, 2021, 02:08:02 AM
So your in a situation where you can only save one life. Your favorite pet that you have ever had in your life or a random stranger you have never meant and know nothing about. So do you save your favorite pet or the random person?

The random person, under the theory that people have more value than pets, although that might be a stretch with some people.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Niya

Quote from: Curt on July 11, 2021, 02:08:02 AM

Most people do not think in a situation like this, they react. So of course it's going to be the pet.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

No one

What if I save the stranger, and then the stranger saves my pet?

Biggus Dickus

Being truthful with myself I know I would save the human life over my favorite pet, though I would do my best to save both,....unless the stranger turned out to be Trump. (F*^% Trump)

Here's one for the pro-lifers.

You come across a science lab that is on fire. You run inside only to find a single baby along with rows of test tubes containing IVF embryos.

You only have time to save either the one live baby, or a handful of test tube babies....what do you do?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

Ecurb Noselrub

I save the baby, but I assume the baby would grab a few test tubes on the way out. They grab everything else.

Icarus

Teddy, Molly, and Sailor would unhesitatingly have defended me against any threat.  That was a mutual agreement.  I do not know this stranger, I do know and love and trust my dog.  My answer is obvious.

Anne D.

It's my beloved ginger tabby baby man, Ricky D. Sorry, Stranger.

Magdalena

I think it's a little bit funny if the words you guys wrote are the same words the other person would say to you if they have to choose between saving you or a pet.
:deadpan:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant