News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Prince Philip has died.

Started by Tank, April 09, 2021, 12:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Oh fuck! Wall to wall royal shite for hours and hours and hours and hours..
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

ALL the UK broadcast TV channels are now reporting the death. ALL OF THEM!!! And that includes both BBC1 & 2! I mean WTF!

Randy

It doesn't make much sense does it? Anyone who has been in the spotlight before they die suddenly find every TV and radio station mourning and repeating the story. He didn't affect my life in any way and i don't know him. So I won't be mourning.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

i think phillip waz the only royal about whom ive never heard anything bad

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

billy rubin

i ve heard some bad today tho

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on April 09, 2021, 02:37:48 PM
It doesn't make much sense does it? Anyone who has been in the spotlight before they die suddenly find every TV and radio station mourning and repeating the story. He didn't affect my life in any way and i don't know him. So I won't be mourning.

:this:

I'm sad, but for another reason, today:
DMX, rapper and actor, dies at 50. :cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2021, 08:20:25 PM
i think phillip waz the only royal about whom ive never heard anything bad

He and Margaret were the only ones of the older Royals I would have liked to meet.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

I don't know that guy, but according to Wikipedia he seemed to have been a very down to earth guy with a great sense of (polically incorrect) humour.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on April 10, 2021, 06:03:01 AM
I don't know that guy, but according to Wikipedia he seemed to have been a very down to earth guy with a great sense of (polically incorrect) humour.

He didn't give a shit who he pissed off, including the Queen. It was widely reported that he stormed through Buckingham Palace once and shouted 'What am I, a fucking amoeba!' I don't know if the reason for the outburst was recorded. It's also reported he supported the World Wildlife Fund so there would be plenty of animals and birds to shoot.

billy rubin

here in america its alwayz been the hunters who have agitated most often and early for wildlife conservation. of course, unlesz youre a game animal or part of a habitat for one they dont care

xSilverPhinx

...ok...

And now that I've heard the news, it's back to my everyday life which hasn't changed in the slightest. :deadpan: After the Meghan Markle interview on Oprah those royals don't seem to be a bunch I would ever want to interact with.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

I liked him.  I was pulling for him to make 100, but he himself said he didn't want to make it (years ago).  He would have been fun to have a few drinks with.  I'll miss the old bugger.