News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Collin chose Oysters en Brochette for an appetizer.

Ecurb Noselrub

I chose turtle soup au sherry.

Ecurb Noselrub

Collin chose filet mignon with Bernaise sauce for an entree'.  He devoured it and proclaimed that it was the best steak he had ever consumed in his long 15-year life.  It melted in his mouth.

Ecurb Noselrub

I had Chicken Bonne Femme (good woman chicken??), which was a half chicken with bacon, grilled onions, and potatoes. Yummmmmm.  Couldn't finish it - so much food!

Ecurb Noselrub

Then we strolled around Bourbon Street and inhaled all the absolute human weirdness. Then ...

Ecurb Noselrub

Collin met some friends.

Ecurb Noselrub

I leave you with some random shots in the French Quarter - NOLA is an absolutely unique city.

Magdalena

^^^
Cool pictures, thank you for sharing them.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

That was a fun set of travelogue shots!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 27, 2021, 03:32:58 AM

Collin chose filet mignon with Bernaise sauce for an entree'.  He devoured it and proclaimed that it was the best steak he had ever consumed in his long 15-year life.  It melted in his mouth.

remember when your life was full of firsts?

i still have them, but i have to go looking.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

My daily report. Early this morning we went to Cafe du Monde and had beignets. Powered sugar on fresh baked dough. Warm sweetness.

Ecurb Noselrub

The Bayou Classic (an American football game between two HBCU's - Grambling State and Southern U.) was taking place, and black high school bands from all over the country were in a parade. You cannot capture the energy in their drumming, dancing and playing, but I had to at least post one photo.

Ecurb Noselrub

Buffet lunch at Court of the Two Sisters.

Ecurb Noselrub

Then we went along the River Road and visited Oak Alley Plantation, then on through Cajun Country.  The oak tree with the moss is in New Iberia.

Ecurb Noselrub

We are staying in Breaux Bridge. I chose Sydney Mae's for dinner, and chose well.  I had Cajun seafood gumbo, and Collin had another filet mignon. The photo is of some Cajun bread, which is a heart-attack on a plate. Next to us were Lance and Celeste, and we instantly hit it off. Everyone here seems like family. Of course, I'm sure other folks would have a different impression, but they were friendly, and her Cajun accent was charming. She pronounced my last name like it was French.