News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Would you buy this car?

Started by Tank, January 12, 2017, 01:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2019, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 03, 2019, 08:48:34 PM
Can it be a truck?
Could be, could be :)

Can the tailgate open to the side as well as folding down?

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Bump, Chris. I have more questions about this car...

Tank

It's actually a saloon. Sorry. But it's a wonderful, wonderful car. When you die you won't need a station wagon.

SidewalkCynic

Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2017, 01:18:21 PMAt what point would you tell the salesman to take a hike? Yes, pretty early I would think.
Right around here
QuoteHave you seen the car?
Yes. It is beautiful!
Where is the car?
In my head!

Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2017, 01:18:21 PMWell imagine it's a preacher trying to sell you a religion and you'll see why I'm an atheist.
Wow, that was a really good exercise! I never thought to use something so simple to convince atheists that I am an atheist. I really like the complimentary comments submitted by everyone - very helpful. Do you think this analogy exercise will fit nicely in my signature? I think I have been accused of being a theist, around here, like everywhere else I campaign my heretical ideas.

Quote from: Atheist Republic Declaration of Atheist DayWe wish to remind our fellow human beings that many of the most powerful ideas — ideas that changed our world — were once heretical.

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/atheist-day/declaration
If there were a god, then it would have revealed itself to me. There has never been anything more important in the history of Mankind than what I am delivering - scientific collation theory for the organization of technology.

Unsapien

I might buy the car if my parents had both bought one and told me how great it was, and if they actually drove me to the dealership and told me that the salesman has their full trust.

Then told me that I can't come back home unless I buy the car and that I couldn't have any friends whose family didn't have the same type of car. Then I'd probably buy the car even if it had features I didn't really want. In that case I might buy it even if I didn't actually need a car.

"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Unsapien

Question about the car though, I've heard that once I've bought the car it will self-destruct killing me, if I ever try to get rid of it.

Is this true?

If it is true, would this be considered a bug or a feature?
"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Tank

Quote from: Unsapien on March 12, 2019, 03:59:42 PM
I might buy the car if my parents had both bought one and told me how great it was, and if they actually drove me to the dealership and told me that the salesman has their full trust.

Then told me that I can't come back home unless I buy the car and that I couldn't have any friends whose family didn't have the same type of car. Then I'd probably buy the car even if it had features I didn't really want. In that case I might buy it even if I didn't actually need a car.

And this is how selling cars propagates itself.

Tank

Quote from: Unsapien on March 12, 2019, 04:15:27 PM
Question about the car though, I've heard that once I've bought the car it will self-destruct killing me, if I ever try to get rid of it.

Is this true?

If it is true, would this be considered a bug or a feature?

For Christians it would be a bug. For Muslims it would be an absolute necessity.

Unsapien

Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2017, 01:18:21 PM

Oh it's free. You just have to join the sales team.
So if I join the sales team I get a free car?
Yes. But you need to pay a subscription to join the team. It's not much just 10% of your earnings.
Ok. So I join the sales team and get a free car, but I have to pay a subscription?

This part of the OP is a bit inaccurate. If you join the sales team, sure you might get the car free, but mostly they stay in the "dealership" a prey pray on with what comes through the door, but the dealership knows that there are many people that are weary of salesmen so they send out "associates" who are unpaid, but who are told the they could get a free car if they help bring enough people to the dealership, maybe even enough to cover the subscription fee, maybe enough the get other corporeal benefits.

After all the dealership doesn't just sell cars...

Tank

Icarus

Lately I clicked on a site that described the worlds worst car.  Turns out that it was/still is. an East German vehicle that was available before the wall came down.  It was a miserable little car that had a two stroke engine, no heater, no turn signals, no nothing, and famously unreliable,  It was a misery but it has now become a cult car that is bringing prices several times its original cost.  I want one.

The car name was Trabant but maybe not the worst car ever. There was the Yugo that did not turn out well and there is much criticism of the Reliant Robin.

Readers are invited to vote for the worst ever car if not the ones mentioned. 

Cognostic

Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2017, 01:18:21 PMWould you buy this car?

I've got some money in my head.  How much do you want?