Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 18, 2021, 01:19:06 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 17, 2021, 01:14:45 PM
I've been feeling agedness.
The moment might call for a bit of a run but hinges seem a bit tight.
Squats, I've discovered squats, never done them before, never needed to.
Hallelujah! praise the Lord!

Squats or deep knee bends are a good loosening up exercise in the morning. Try this - on your tip-toes, squat as low as you can go, and with your elbows force your knees outward, while keeping your balance. It stretches the groin, quadriceps, and calf muscles.

Thank you, that was unpleasant, it must be good for me.

Vicarious exercise is better. https://www.facebook.com/Ultra355Australia/videos/2593780234253546/

5km run and 100km bike done today, only a 200km bike tomorrow and a 50km run on Monday to go.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

I want one those lions, what do they go for?

That might be cultural appropriation.

Oh ye, thanks Green, I don't want to be doing any of that.

I'm no longer Green, I'm Vegan Dog now.

Really? It is longer than Green, people call me BP, maybe you could be VD... no, I suppose not... V Dog!

V Dog does appeal, but I think I'll have to do some deep introspection to determine if it is for me.

Ye OK, good luck with that, but why did I start typing anyway?

Wasps

Oh ye, right, wasps.

Do some preliminary

OK

Wife who I love dearly did a lot of complaining about being assaulted by wasps a few weeks back, the wounds were ugly and hurt for days.  Of course I sympathised because i'm a caring sort, not too much, I don't want her getting addicted to sympathy.

So I was setting up a recording of TV and I noticed the reception was off, I need to tighten bolts on the antenna, it sags in big wind.  Off I went to give the antenna a nudge to the true AHHHHH! a wasp nest on the antenna.

And you ran away screaming with your tongue sticking out and uvula wobbling, like Sponge Bob or one of the Simpsons

Ye, ye, maybe.

I went to the kitchen cupboard, crawly spray or flying, damn it, I'll take both.
I wish you'd seen it, I let them have it Clint like,  both sprays at once.

So are you going with V Dog?

No, I think I'll remain Green

NO NO NO STOP THAT!, you're not doing your Lady Galadriel thing again.

Alright, but I do an excellent Lady Galadriel thing.
You've had your name a long time now, consider a change, Sir Robin maybe?

Ecurb Noselrub

What kind of wasps.  There are wasps and then there are wasps. Please clarify, so I can appropriately judge your actions.

No one

The wrong side of the tracks wasps. The worse kind!

Bad Penny II

2020 Sony World Photography Awards book - FREE DOWNLOAD Sony World Photography Awards 2020 Book.pdf (208 MB)

https://shop.worldphoto.org/a/downloads/-/296d36c359f51656/af0eb7d645e97660

billy rubin

ive spent all day s nursing a chicken who is likely to die.

had this rhode island rock for maybeae five or six years now? a survivor, so far.

last night i went out after dark to shut the hens in and heard a scrambling in the dark as a raccoon bailed out over the fence.

i havent completed the raccoon fencing over the top of the chicken run. my bad.

anyway, i shut the door in the dark. when i went out this morning to let em out, the rhode island was sitting on the frozen ground outside with her comb chewed off. cold, frost on the ground. shed been outside the night before but i hadnt seen her in the dark.

so i've sat next to her all day with her in  a box next to the heater while she slept. i havent investigated the extent of her injuries because there's nothing to do no matter how bad they are. if she lives the day she may live the night. we ll see tomorrow.

right now i'm just keeping her warm and keeping water available to her.

i have no illusions about the value of life, but i don't like to see things die needlessly. a philosophical inconsistency,i suppose.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on March 05, 2021, 10:59:17 PM
ive spent all day s nursing a chicken who is likely to die.

had this rhode island rock for maybeae five or six years now? a survivor, so far.

last night i went out after dark to shut the hens in and heard a scrambling in the dark as a raccoon bailed out over the fence.

i havent completed the raccoon fencing over the top of the chicken run. my bad.

anyway, i shut the door in the dark. when i went out this morning to let em out, the rhode island was sitting on the frozen ground outside with her comb chewed off. cold, frost on the ground. shed been outside the night before but i hadnt seen her in the dark.

so i've sat next to her all day with her in  a box next to the heater while she slept. i havent investigated the extent of her injuries because there's nothing to do no matter how bad they are. if she lives the day she may live the night. we ll see tomorrow.

right now i'm just keeping her warm and keeping water available to her.

i have no illusions about the value of life, but i don't like to see things die needlessly. a philosophical inconsistency,i suppose.
Aw, the poor chicken. The thing is watching something die slowly and knowing there is nothing one can do.

I had that happen with a kitten. His name was Toby and he was hit by a car. We kept him in a box on something soft (I forget what) and next to me as I worked. I looked over and saw he stopped breathing. It was sad. I know we all have to go sometime but this little kitten barely got to experience life or playing with a ball of yarn.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

i do not believe in right, wrong, morals, or non morals.

the only thing i believe in is life and death.

the chicken is stiil alive.

i will stay with her until the morning.

nobody dies alone, so long as i am present.

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Why is it that when I stretch my legs under the table Joy comes bouncing over and tries to sit on my feet? She never seems to be comfortable sitting on my feet as if they were a doggy seat but she does it every time.

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 07, 2021, 02:05:33 AM
Why is it that when I stretch my legs under the table Joy comes bouncing over and tries to sit on my feet? She never seems to be comfortable sitting on my feet as if they were a doggy seat but she does it every time.
Animals do weird things sometimes. Who knows what is going through Joy's mind, :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Perhaps it is a mothering or protecting instinct.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 07, 2021, 06:05:35 AM

Are you telling me she's trying to hatch my toes or something? :lol:

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 08, 2021, 01:06:05 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 07, 2021, 06:05:35 AM

Are you telling me she's trying to hatch my toes or something? :lol:

I don't have a foot fetish, but maybe if you showed a picture of her on your feet, those who do could give a judgment. :shrug: