News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Ep. 7.3 The Queen's Justice

Just a few random thoughts:

As much as the story arc continues to depress me (I was so Team Dany), the scenery around Dragonstone is magnificent.  Would love to know where these scenes are shot.

This epi had a number of choice lines in it, delivered deftly:
  "This place has changed."  Davos' opinion of Dragonstone
  "What a twat."  Euron's opinion of Theon
  "They just like severed heads really."  Euron's opinion of the mob
  "You  look a lot better brooding than I do.  It makes me feel that I'm failing at brooding about failing."  Tyrion's opinion of Jon's superior brooding
  "He really was a cunt, wasn't he?"  Olenna's opinion of Joffrey

(as much as I dislike slang for female sex parts being used derogatorily, I have to agree with the feelings behind these comments)

Somewhat disappointed by the lack of an awkward meeting between Melisandre, and Jon and Davos.  However I am intrigued by the possible foreshadowing of Varys and Melisandre dying together in her comment about both of them having to die in Westeros.

OK, so 2 or 3 of Yara's ships escaped, but no Sands or Greyjoys.  So armada gone, Dorn army gone and I really don't think Theon ran away to live and fight another day, it looks like he just ran away to live another day and too bad about his sister.  Sadly, I think Theon is definitely on his way back to Reeklandia.

And only the Sands were turned over to Cersei as gifts, Euron kept Yara for himself.  Poor Yara.  And poor me -- I hate Euron but damn him he is funny and that's my weakness.

And while I'm feeling bad about myself, that was a terrible vengeance Cersei visited on Ellaria but I still can't care about the Sands at all.

Is it just me, or does Bran look a lot older now than he did in epi. 7.1?

Jorah's cure was awfully quick for something so wide-spread and horrible.  It's really stretching credulity but I suppose they have to get him back in the fight ASAP.  Is having a Westerosi military man on hand supposed to help?

So . . . are the Unsullied lost now too?  They seem trapped in Casterly Rock by Euron's fleet with no food and depleted ranks.

Sad to see the end of Lady Olenna -- I really liked her -- but I loved her final scene and how she got in one last thrust to the gut in telling Jaime that she killed Joffrey when it was too late for him to change her painless death into a painful one.  Paid them back in advance for stealing all High Garden's money.

Not glad to see that Bronn and Tyrion are now fighting on different sides.

Glad to see Brienne will be fighting again in the next epi.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Claireliontamer

I think I read that Dragonstone is set in Spain.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Sandra Craft

Just looked it up -- Dragonstone exteriors are filmed in Downhill Strand, a beach in County Derry, Ireland.  Well, that's more local to other places I'd like to visit but I still want to visit Spain (had a dream about Barcelona once).
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

This episode was a little off putting, I mean, it was so obvious when Jon arrived on Dragonstone's shore that he was going to be a prisoner trapped guest on Dany's grounds. While she's definitely come far (from Visery's sister to Khal Drogo's broodmare to a serious contender for the Iron Throne) she still lacks the bigger picture, even when Jon has spelt it out for her. I wouldn't blame her though, she must think that Jon is mad, but dead armies and White Walkers isn't something unheard of in Westerosi history.

I too am curious to see what will happen with Melisandre. Maybe Davos will get to kill her after all if she must die in Westeros. Varys though... :notsure: Hopefully he won't die too soon.

Yeah...Theon, I mean Reek. Disappointing.

This episode has done nothing to make me feel sorry for the Sands. Good riddance.

Bran does look older, or is it because he's lost weight? Or cut his hair? I don't know, I don't remember how he looked in 7.1 and I'm too lazy to rewatch it. :P I'm just eager to see Bran tell Jon about his parentage. Hopefully Dany will release Jon in the next episode and we can see that happen.

Too bad about Lady Olenna, it is a pity. I will miss her dry wit in this show.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

Bran in season 1

I'm sad about Lady olenna. The rest of them can fuck off.

I'm discouraged because I don't see any satisfactory conclusion in the time left. BFs theory is that the White Walkers win.

Other interesting theories:

Tyrion is a traitor to Dany. Not sure I buy it, but interesting.

Jamie is going to kill Cersi. That I would really love to see.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on August 01, 2017, 02:50:32 PM
I'm discouraged because I don't see any satisfactory conclusion in the time left. BFs theory is that the White Walkers win.

I think that's what GRRM has in mind for the books, don't know about D&D for the show.  I hope not, I really hate zombies.

QuoteOther interesting theories:

Tyrion is a traitor to Dany. Not sure I buy it, but interesting.

Jamie is going to kill Cersi. That I would really love to see.

Totally with you on Jaime killing Cersei -- should have happened after she pulled the wildfire stunt.  He killed the Mad King for less than that, after all.

It would make me sad if Tyrion betrayed Dany, but I can sort of see it in the context of this show.  But for me it would only be worth it if Tyrion somehow ends up on the Iron Throne.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

If I had to guess, Jon and Dany will end up married before this show is done, then they can rule a united kingdom as monarchs in their own right. I mean, think about it, they've only just met this episode and already there's interpersonal conflict! They would make a perfect couple. :grin:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 01, 2017, 10:28:16 PM
If I had to guess, Jon and Dany will end up married before this show is done, then they can rule a united kingdom as monarchs in their own right. I mean, think about it, they've only just met this episode and already there's interpersonal conflict! They would make a perfect couple. :grin:

That aunt/nephew thing shouldn't be a problem since the Targaryens were into incestuous marriages after all.  Not really sure how traditional Dany is, tho, and Jon may take some real convincing.  Honestly, at this point I just hope they're both alive at the end of the series -- which is now only 10 episodes away.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 01, 2017, 10:50:32 PM
That aunt/nephew thing shouldn't be a problem since the Targaryens were into incestuous marriages after all.  Not really sure how traditional Dany is, tho, and Jon may take some real convincing.  Honestly, at this point I just hope they're both alive at the end of the series -- which is now only 10 episodes away.

Maybe not as much convincing as giving up his title of King in the North, though. If Cersei doesn't kill Dany's dragons then they'd be invaluable in the fight against the dead army and marriage would be a way to join forces in that fight. Since Jon is focused on that war to come he might even suggest it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 01, 2017, 11:46:36 PM
Maybe not as much convincing as giving up his title of King in the North, though. If Cersei doesn't kill Dany's dragons then they'd be invaluable in the fight against the dead army and marriage would be a way to join forces in that fight. Since Jon is focused on that war to come he might even suggest it.

Do you think he really wants to be King in the North tho?  He seems rather tepid about the whole thing.  I think he'd rather just go back to being Commander of the Night's Watch, leave the North in Sansa's hands and let her sort out the knee bending thing with Dany -- if they survive the war with the dead.

New topic:  dragon-riding.  We've got three dragons and have been promised (I dimly remember) three riders.  Drogon is spoken for, so what about the other two?  I can see Jon Snow riding Rheagal, he seems an obvious pick when push comes to shove in dealing with both Cersei and the Army of the Dead, but what about Viserion?  I've seen both Tyrion and Bran (who'd warg rather than ride) suggested but I can't really warm up to either.  What about Grey Worm (assuming he survives Casterly Rock), or Jorah?  Or maybe Yara, if she survives Euron?  If she can ride waves, she can ride a dragon.
Sandy

Firebird

I would not be surprised at all if Jamie killed Cersei. In fact, it almost seems too obvious to actually happen. But maybe I'm overthinking it. I also really hate the Bran/3-eyed raven storyline, personally. It always felt like it was dragging on and on and broke the momentum of the show whenever they were showing it.

Someone on facebook said that you can almost think of the White Walkers as an analogy for climate change, as the true threat that people don't want to believe. I'm not sure that that's intentional, but it was interesting to think about nonetheless.

Also, I'm not looking forward to seeing what happens to Theon's sister. Given the history of this show, I don't think it's going to end well for her.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on August 02, 2017, 03:59:49 AM

Someone on facebook said that you can almost think of the White Walkers as an analogy for climate change, as the true threat that people don't want to believe. I'm not sure that that's intentional, but it was interesting to think about nonetheless.

I thought the same thing when Tyrion made that comment about monsters like White Walkers being too much to bear, so it was easier to concentrate on ordinary monsters like Cersei instead.  That does seem like climate change vs. Trump all over.
Sandy