News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

dunno

but th resemblance is clear

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Randy

:lol: Good grief! I knew there was a grain of truth to what you were saying but to see it is something else altogether.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 21, 2020, 06:47:58 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 21, 2020, 06:46:47 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 21, 2020, 06:40:41 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 21, 2020, 06:02:11 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 21, 2020, 04:48:48 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 19, 2020, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on May 19, 2020, 02:42:38 PM

:snicker:
Love it!

Wow! Impresive.
Who made it, do you know?  :tellmemore:

Oh yes, definitely, because it is by Antony Gormley. He is one of the sculptors whose work I love very much. He is famous for the enormous Angel of the North. I thought of him when I saw your cage.

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=angel+of+the+north&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi7p5-2nsTpAhXtsaQKHdoADc4Q7Al6BAgJEEc&biw=1886&bih=936

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=antony+gormley&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEmNGJn8TpAhXSzKQKHaqeBncQiR56BAgREBA&biw=1886&bih=936

https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/3957/Angel-of-the-North
Thank you for the info, hermes2015, but that's not my cage. :lol:

Sorry, I realized too late and then corrected it!
It's OK.
My cage would probably not have a pound of tiny white zip ties all sticking out everywhere--it would probably have three pounds of white zip ties all sticking out everywhere.  :grin:

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on May 21, 2020, 05:05:17 PM
After seeing this picture I think the cage belongs in an art museum too.  :snicker1:

Yes, as Marcel Duchamp realized a bit over a hundred years ago, with his readymades.
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning