News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Trump's in Trouble and So Are We

Started by MadBomr101, April 13, 2016, 05:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

Now that Trump is tanking in the polls - he's currently at 70% disapproval due to all the stupid shit he's been saying recently - his dominance as the GOP frontrunner is in jeopardy. This is good because as anyone with four active braincells can tell you, Trump would be a disaster as President.

But...

This creates another equally as distressing problem. The only other candidate with the numbers to replace Trump as the potential nominee is every bit as bad, if not even worse in some ways - Ted f*cking Cruz. A man so hateful, he has no friends and, apparently, even his own kid can't stand him. Did you see that video footage where he tried to kiss his daughter and she sneered and pulled away from him?

There's no way to win this. It's a shitstorm of sociopaths on the Republican side. It's like they deliberately searched for the worst possible candidates to run for the nomination creating a lose/lose situation. Whether it's Trump or Cruz, this country is screwed.

The rest of you guys around the world are going to feel it too to some degree so bend over and brace yourselves.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Nam

Republican party will be officially dead when he gets the nomination. Or Cruz, whichever.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Nam on April 13, 2016, 07:23:46 PM
Republican party will be officially dead when he gets the nomination. Or Cruz, whichever.

-Nam

I've been reading chatter that there's a GOP plan to spring Rand Paul on us as a surprise nominee.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Trump will be nominee and will lose to Hillary in general.  No worries for the nation.

Icarus

Rand Paul has made it plain that he is not interested in being a candidate. Good on him for some semblance of common sense.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 14, 2016, 12:53:05 AM
Trump will be nominee and will lose to Hillary in general.  No worries for the nation.

It better play out that way. Hillary is nothing to get excited about but I don't foresee her doing much damage. Put Trump or Cruz into office and this land is going to burn.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on April 14, 2016, 01:24:52 AM
Rand Paul has made it plain that he is not interested in being a candidate. Good on him for some semblance of common sense.

That's what he said about being Speaker too.
Sandy

Firebird

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 14, 2016, 02:55:36 AM

I presume you meant Paul Ryan
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Trump Drumpf lacks political savvy. 

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 13, 2016, 05:47:27 PM
This creates another equally as distressing problem. The only other candidate with the numbers to replace Trump as the potential nominee is every bit as bad, if not even worse in some ways - Ted f*cking Cruz. A man so hateful, he has no friends and, apparently, even his own kid can't stand him. Did you see that video footage where he tried to kiss his daughter and she sneered and pulled away from him?

Ouch. Talk about an attempted action backfiring!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

FB, Yes I meant to say Paul Ryan. There are so many players in this game that I am apparently confounded about names.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on April 14, 2016, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 14, 2016, 02:55:36 AM

I presume you meant Paul Ryan

Probably, I can't tell one from the other any more.
Sandy