News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Yes, I can see that thread.  I also find the fresco odd but interesting.  As noted, it could possibly cause Christians some bother. Is Pence aware of its presence? 

After hanging around this forum for years, I had never observed such a tranquil interval.   

Recusant

It's often quieter here during the summer months, but yes, very sleepy over the weekend.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

should i start another thread about evidence for the flat earth?

lol

thatll l8ven things up

ive about run out of arguments, though

Randy

I have a full body bone scan coming up in about an hour. I'll go to the hospital, receive a shot, wait three hours and then go for the scan. My radiation treatment falls in between those hours so I hope I have no delays.

What's on my mind is what they might find. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Randy on July 09, 2020, 03:21:55 PM
I have a full body bone scan coming up in about an hour. I'll go to the hospital, receive a shot, wait three hours and then go for the scan. My radiation treatment falls in between those hours so I hope I have no delays.

What's on my mind is what they might find. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Good luck.  Hope it's good news.

xSilverPhinx

*Fingers crossed!*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on July 07, 2020, 10:50:36 PM
After hanging around this forum for years, I had never observed such a tranquil interval.

Quote from: Recusant on July 09, 2020, 06:35:21 AM
It's often quieter here during the summer months, but yes, very sleepy over the weekend.

Have you guys been slacking?  :foottap:

;) :P

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, real life has a pesky habit of getting in the way at times...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

Magdalena

Please let us know how it went.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

I probably won't know the results until next Thursday when I see my doctor. I've got to wait a whole week. :(

The pain in my hip flared up going to the garage today and then walking up the stairs to the hospital entrance, then walking away from the hospital. Inside I was in a wheelchair so I didn't have to aggravate it. It still hurts some and I'm lying down in my bed.

The scanning process was awful. One has to lie flat on their back for over an hour on a slab made of some material akin to cinder blocks. That is my interpretation of it at least. One is told not to move and the scan is slow. I coughed a few times but apparently it was okay because they continued the process.

They got three different angles of my head. I don't know why that is. They didn't do that with other parts of the body. And each of those scans takes several minutes. I was told to turn my head some to the left. The scar tissue in my neck prevents me from turning it much at all and what little I can turn it is painful. So I had to hold that position for a while.

I thought they would use a CT scan. Instead it is a flat plate that moves slowly over my 6'2" body. Some days I wish I weren't so tall. :-\

Then I had trouble getting my cough under control. I don't know why my trach is acting up. It is functioning properly but there was liquid coming out from it which I'm used to but not this much. He blew some oxygen in it a few times to dry it out I suppose.

I'm kind of sick right now. I don't know if it is the radiation or the chemo but I am having bouts of nausea. Today has not been a fun day.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Recusant

Egad. Cancer is such a rough dance partner.  :ouch:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

Quote from: Recusant on July 10, 2020, 02:33:41 AM
Egad. Cancer is such a rough dance partner.  :ouch:
Some cancers like CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) a person can live with and maybe outlive it. Head and Neck cancers are one of the worst. It is the second leading cause of suicides in cancer patients.

Recusant

Leukemia has got two people that were close to me. Sure there are less severe versions, but . . .
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

But you're right, Recusant. There are other forms of leukemia out there that are just as deadly. Cancer is nothing to put off or dismiss. It eats the life right out of one. I know this first hand. :(

Mine was supposed to be easy to get rid of. It rarely metastasizes. I'm one of the rare ones.

Someone told me recently, who also has cancer, he hates the term "fighting cancer". I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because in our cases we can't win. He prefers "living with cancer". As for me, I can take it or leave it. I still feel like I'm fighting it and living with it.