News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

hermes2015

Siegfried's horn call has been in my head all day.

No wonder he inspired Delibes when he wrote Sylvia.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I am not a great fan of Chopin's music, but love his two piano concertos. Here is his Piano Concerto No. 1 played by Hayato Sumino, with Marin Alsop conducting the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Nadia Boulanger played a hugely important part in the development of many of our favourite composers.

― Charles Eames

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 23, 2022, 04:36:22 AMNadia Boulanger played a hugely important part in the development of many of our favourite composers.

I haven't heard Keith reference her.

I love those old Dido songs that go from low to an earthy soaring.

hermes2015

A lively performance of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, with Hayato Sumino playing the piano and melodica. The Japan Philharmonic Orchestra is conducted by Kanade Yokoyama.

― Charles Eames

Icarus

Pleasing first few minutes. Go to 4 min 50sec  for solo by the lovely Sierra Bogess. The orchestra is also doing well.

Icarus

Gotta admire this ladies ability with the piano.

Asmodean

Just because the season is right;

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

In the shade would be better.
Anyway, Tim is a ginger, he should only be in the sun when scurrying from shade to shade.

billy rubin

gingers can be men?

i thought it was a female-only term.

no particlar reason.

an equivalent to "brunette," which is mamasita-only in estados unidos

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on December 27, 2022, 11:33:40 PMgingers can be men?

i thought it was a female-only term.

no particlar reason.

an equivalent to "brunette," which is mamasita-only in estados unidos

Oh no! I'm not authorised to call him a ginger, they'll be after me now.

The Magic Pudding.

Recusant

The intro to "Prejudice" tells it like it is.

"Sticks and stones can break your bones but words can break your heart."

Minchin is a genius.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on December 30, 2022, 01:58:40 AMThe intro to "Prejudice" tells it like it is.

"Sticks and stones can break your bones but words can break your heart."

Minchin is a genius.

Wow, I really liked that. I'm not familiar with his work.
― Charles Eames