The H.A.F. System is Not Letting Me Change My Profile Settings

Started by TheFightSong, January 27, 2022, 11:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFightSong

My profile settings cannot be changed. The H.A.F. system says my current password is incorrect even though I typed the right password. It is the same password I typed to let me log into this website.

billy rubin

thats odd

just because im anal retentive, hsve you tried copy/pasting the good one into the entry field?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

I don't know what is going on with your profile page, but can offer a possible solution: Try resetting your password. If that doesn't work, I can reset the password to something very simple, after which you can then reset it to whatever you like. Please send me a personal message (via my profile page) if you want to use that route.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

TheFightSong

Quote from: billy rubin on January 27, 2022, 11:48:03 PM
thats odd

just because im anal retentive, hsve you tried copy/pasting the good one into the entry field?
Yes, I have. It still won't let me change my profile settings. Sigh.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Recusant on January 28, 2022, 01:32:07 AM
I don't know what is going on with your profile page, but can offer a possible solution: Try resetting your password. If that doesn't work, I can reset the password to something very simple, after which you can then reset it to whatever you like. Please send me a personal message (via my profile page) if you want to use that route.
The fault is on Happy Atheist Forum's system. Not me. Because I have done this on other websites without a problem. Happy Atheist Forum's system accepted my current password when I registered a new account here. It is not accepting it on my profile settings page, though. So, there must be an inconsistency between what is acceptable for the registration page and profile settings page. So, I suggest the website owner here to fix it.

No one

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2022, 08:13:48 AM
Is there still a problem.
Yes, this website's system is still not accepting my current password when changing profile settings. So, the problem has not been fixed.

Recusant

Quote from: TheFightSong on January 28, 2022, 02:42:28 PM
Quote from: Recusant on January 28, 2022, 01:32:07 AM
The fault is on Happy Atheist Forum's system. Not me. Because I have done this on other websites without a problem. Happy Atheist Forum's system accepted my current password when I registered a new account here. It is not accepting it on my profile settings page, though. So, there must be an inconsistency between what is acceptable for the registration page and profile settings page. So, I suggest the website owner here to fix it.

Nobody is biting so ding the admin, is that the racket?

The Simple Machines software has been serving this site adequately, maybe even pretty well. Now you suggest somebody go in and tinker with it. We only attempt to summon his Grey Eminence when it is necessary. Until he chooses to visit, you're pretty much stuck with me as your cicerone. You have been offered a solution and are welcome to PM me if you would like help resolving the access issue.
— H. L. Mencken

TheFightSong

Quote from: Recusant on January 30, 2022, 02:24:36 AM
Good, I am not that delicious enough to be bitten anyway. I would taste quite bland. I have dinged you.

The Simple Machines software has been serving this site adequately, maybe even pretty well. Now you suggest somebody go in and tinker with it. We only attempt to summon his Grey Eminence when it is necessary. Until he chooses to visit, you're pretty much stuck with me as your cicerone. You have been offered a solution and are welcome to PM me if you would like help resolving the access issue.
Software from Simple Machines has done enough to keep this forum place from mostly malfunctioning. Though, it would be exquisite to have powerful control over my own account here without any nuisance. Which it would be fascinating knowing who founded Happy Atheist Forum, the place with administrators and moderators allowing me to have my account here. Would be nice to know if Happy Atheist Forum's founder has a registered account on here. That way I could meet him. But I bet he is busy with his life.

Tank

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 02, 2022, 10:36:33 PM
Good, I am not that delicious enough to be bitten anyway. I would taste quite bland. I have dinged you.

Software from Simple Machines has done enough to keep this forum place from mostly malfunctioning. Though, it would be exquisite to have powerful control over my own account here without any nuisance. Which it would be fascinating knowing who founded Happy Atheist Forum, the place with administrators and moderators allowing me to have my account here. Would be nice to know if Happy Atheist Forum's founder has a registered account on here. That way I could meet him. But I bet he is busy with his life.

Whitney Ford (user name Whitney) founded Happy Atheist. She doesn't participate here now.
I own HAF now after Whitney decided she'd had enough of the loony tune theists this place attracts.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

So there must be?
If I was offered an even money bet on who was fucking up, the human or the software, I'd bet on the on human.
Aggressive displays of entitlement are so unattractive.
Ye, that's what I was thinking, what's with them? were they not breastfed, or on the tit till they were ten?

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 03, 2022, 10:55:43 AM

So there must be?
If I was offered an even money bet on who was fucking up, the human or the software, I'd bet on the on human.
Aggressive displays of entitlement are so unattractive.
Ye, that's what I was thinking, what's with them? were they not breastfed, or on the tit till they were ten?
The fault is still not on me. I have used other websites without any problem changing my account settings after copying and pasting passwords. So, there is a systematic error in the software that let me use my old password when logging in. But it did not accept my old password when changing account settings. It is the software causing that flawed inconsistency.

There is a difference between suggesting someone fix flawed software to be considerate of users having technical issues and being entitled. There is also a difference between suggesting and commanding.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2022, 08:05:17 AM
Whitney Ford (user name Whitney) founded Happy Atheist. She doesn't participate here now.
I own HAF now after Whitney decided she'd had enough of the loony tune theists this place attracts.
Tank is quite the powerful word describing a weapon and fitting username for someone with power here. Wouldn't have been surprised if you were the owner here as a result. Especially since I have read your posts and replies before you claimed this place is owned by yourself. You come across as a thinker able to understand theories and the difference between fiction from reality. I get you have a sarcastic, sassy, and sophisticated sense of humor. I can see you know how to socialize with other people successfully. Not surprised if your son inherited some of that intelligence you have. So, I can imagine you got a personality fit for owning websites such as this one. Especially when you have enough, I dare say, patience to stay on here while putting the fringey theists in the loony bin called Banned Users Group.