News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

"God bless you"

Started by keithpenrod, December 07, 2011, 12:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 16, 2012, 10:53:49 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 16, 2012, 08:29:34 AM
Hmm... How come The Asmo never tried to posess a sneezing thrall..?  :-\

Maybe that explains the poor rates of success...
You have no nose so who knows if you'd had a nose you might have considered it.
Has nose. Pudding made. Doesn't help though - have no nasal hair.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

When someone sneezes, I say 'gesundheit' - as someone else noted, it just means 'good health' in German. Occasionally if they sneeze several times in a row, I'll ask if they're OK, and hold out a kleenex box.  :P

When saying goodbye to someone, if it's someone I'm close with, I say 'love you', because saying it's important to me. If it's someone I don't know as well, I very often say 'take care', 'have a good one!', or 'drive safe', depending on the situation.

And finally, if someone's going through a really rough, difficult time, I almost always say 'I'm thinking of you', or 'I'll be keeping you in my thoughts', and if it's someone I know well, I say 'call me anytime you need anything'... and they KNOW I mean that. I've gotten my share of 4 am calls just to talk, and that's great with me.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Mocha Chief

Interesting fact: the phrase "God Bless You" started around the time of the Black Plague. Priests would go around the city and when they heard someone sneeze they would say "God Bless You" hoping they wouldn't catch the Plague.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Mocha Chief on February 01, 2012, 11:57:58 PM
Interesting fact: the phrase "God Bless You" started around the time of the Black Plague. Priests would go around the city and when they heard someone sneeze they would say "God Bless You" hoping they wouldn't catch the Plague.

Nice, didn't know that.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.