Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:18:13 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:12:47 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:08:46 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 07, 2011, 10:00:26 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: OldGit on December 07, 2011, 09:52:36 PM
Quote from: not your typical...Jesus Hector Marcos Cortez Riviara Lopez Covas Sanchez Fernandes Delgadillo Izquierdo Ramirez Criado Rodriguez Christo!
This may be over-egging it just a teensy weensy bit. ;D
Hehehehe. I'm making my friend name her first born that, regardless of gender. ;D
I think that's child abuse. XDD
It no child abuse. It's good comedy. And besides, at least they're real names, instead of Lafondequisha. (I legit know a chick with that name.)
Or Shithead, no seriously, it was pronounced She-theed
Hahaha. Or Orangejello and Lemonjello. (Or-ang-allo. Le-mang-allo) And Mothafer

...Wow. I bet the mother was hungry when she named them. Mothafer is just cruel
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:18:13 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:12:47 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:08:46 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 07, 2011, 10:00:26 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: OldGit on December 07, 2011, 09:52:36 PM
Quote from: not your typical...Jesus Hector Marcos Cortez Riviara Lopez Covas Sanchez Fernandes Delgadillo Izquierdo Ramirez Criado Rodriguez Christo!
This may be over-egging it just a teensy weensy bit. ;D
Hehehehe. I'm making my friend name her first born that, regardless of gender. ;D
I think that's child abuse. XDD
It no child abuse. It's good comedy. And besides, at least they're real names, instead of Lafondequisha. (I legit know a chick with that name.)
Or Shithead, no seriously, it was pronounced She-theed
Hahaha. Or Orangejello and Lemonjello. (Or-ang-allo. Le-mang-allo) And Mothafer

...Wow. I bet the mother was hungry when she named them. Mothafer is just cruel
Yeah, I know. we always used to call him MoFo or Muzzy but one day a new teacher did come in and say, "Who is Mother f'er?" Couldn't stop laughing!
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:28:20 PM

Yeah, I know. we always used to call him MoFo or Muzzy but one day a new teacher did come in and say, "Who is Mother f'er?" Couldn't stop laughing!

Oh man, I would have been crying from laughing so hard. You kinda have to feel bad for him though, it must suck having that name.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:36:11 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:28:20 PM
Oh man, I would have been crying from laughing so hard. You kinda have to feel bad for him though, it must suck having that name.
Oh it does. now eveytime some one says mother f'er, he looks up thinking they're talking to him. :P
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Beachdragon

Sorry I'm late (and not been posting much these days).  I have friends (who are pagan/agnostic) who usually say when someone sneezes in our group "Out out Foul Demon".  It's quite funny.

And in as far as ridiculous names, I was doing data entry years ago and came across the name Harry Moron.  And nearly died laughing.  Worse yet, Harry Moron was getting a speeding ticket, double humiliation.

Buddy

If we are still talking funny names, I just got a text from my mom telling me that she is currently taking care of a patient named Harry Johnson. It was not short for anything. She told me she was having a hard time keeping a straight face while seeing him.  :D

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 04:35:11 PM
If we are still talking funny names, I just got a text from my mom telling me that she is currently taking care of a patient named Harry Johnson. It was not short for anything. She told me she was having a hard time keeping a straight face while seeing him.  :D
LMFAO!!!! XD You're kidding, right? Who would be that cruel to their kid?

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 09, 2011, 12:12:52 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 04:35:11 PM
LMFAO!!!! XD You're kidding, right? Who would be that cruel to their kid?

No, it was this old man. I just feel bad for him, all of the nurses in the break room were laughing their asses off.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 12:19:26 AM
No, it was this old man. I just feel bad for him, all of the nurses in the break room were laughing their asses off.
sorry to say, but i prolly would too. It's sad that he was labeled that all his life but..... smh. xD

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on December 09, 2011, 12:45:37 AM
...but I do love the bit he does about saying "when you die nothing happens" to atheists after they sneeze.

Ooh!  Along the same lines, but cooler sounding, I think, would be to say after they sneeze, "Annihilation!"

Or, "Oblivion!"
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Magdalena

When someone sneezes, in Spanish you say, "salud" which means health, or you can say, "Jesus." When I was little, a man sneezed and I said, "Jesus" he looked at me and said, "I am a Jew, and I have nothing to do with that man!" Ever since, I have never said anything to anybody when they sneeze.  :-X

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sweetdeath

Quote from: magdalena on January 14, 2012, 05:33:12 AM
When someone sneezes, in Spanish you say, "salud" which means health, or you can say, "Jesus." When I was little, a man sneezed and I said, "Jesus" he looked at me and said, "I am a Jew, and I have nothing to do with that man!" Ever since, I have never said anything to anybody when they sneeze.  :-X
Lol, sorry to laugh at you, but that man is kinda awesome.

Also, I never quite  understood the socialogical obligation to say something when someone sneezes. I think i'm going to stop saying anything all together.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 14, 2012, 09:32:34 PM
Also, I never quite  understood the socialogical obligation to say something when someone sneezes. I think i'm going to stop saying anything all together.

I find some people get offended when they're not blessed after sneezing, as if I were secretly wishing them bad health.  I just say "bless you" and leave god out of it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 14, 2012, 10:05:15 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 14, 2012, 09:32:34 PM

I find some people get offended when they're not blessed after sneezing, as if I were secretly wishing them bad health.  I just say "bless you" and leave god out of it.

If they are offended. Too bad.
I don't like the words "bless you" either because it's laced with holy superstition.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 14, 2012, 10:05:15 PM

I find some people get offended when they're not blessed after sneezing, as if I were secretly wishing them bad health.

But it's worse than that, after a sneeze a person is vulnerable to possession by a demonic spirit.
Your failure to bless leaves them wide open to possession.
Perhaps we should ask sneezers if they have been possessed by a  demon.

Applications for various things should ask:

Have you since your last exorcism sneezed?
If so did someone bless you to ward off possession?
If no do you have the ability to read the line second from the bottom on the chart behind you without turning?