News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

This is serious. This is real. Mubarak Bala

Started by Tank, April 29, 2020, 07:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

*Sigh* I miss messing with the rabidly-religious on Facebook :(

Did they succeed in getting legal counsel? Do you know?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on April 30, 2020, 12:57:18 PM
*Sigh* I miss messing with the rabidly-religious on Facebook :(

Did they succeed in getting legal counsel? Do you know?

Don't know yet.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

QuoteDay 3 of the Shame of Kano

Mubarak Bala
#FreeMubarakBala
#ShameOfKano

Mubarak Bala remains in prison in Kano state, Nigeria on charges of blasphemy.

Tank

Magdalena

This whole thing sounds so intense. The whole thing is just wrong. "You insulted my imaginary friend so now you go to jail, you will be tortured, threatened, and maybe killed...Because no one messes with my imaginary friend!?"

~That's just wrong, man. How much more delusional can one get?

But that's just my opinion.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

I couldn't agree more. The behaviour of the Muslims on FB is truly appalling.

Tank

QuoteDay 5 of the Shame of Kano

The police abduction of Mubarak Bala continues. I say abduction rather than arrest because he is being held incommunicado and denied legal representation. That is illegal under Nigerian law. Thus this is an officially sanctioned abduction not arrest.

Mubarak Bala
#freemubarkbala
#ShameOfKano

Tank

Tank

7 days. A week has passed and no sign of Mubarak Bala. He has been denied access to his legal team. If Islam had it's way he could be any one of us. He could be all of us. Religion poisons everything.

Asmodean

Well, this is certainly circling the drain in a hurry.

Are there plausible avenues for getting something tangible done about this situation? It wouldn't surprise me if the honest answer at this point is, "not really."
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Asmodean on May 05, 2020, 12:14:34 PM
Well, this is certainly circling the drain in a hurry.

Are there plausible avenues for getting something tangible done about this situation? It wouldn't surprise me if the honest answer at this point is, "not really."

Military action, or a police raid?  Maybe a privately financed group of commandos could make an Entebbe-type raid.

Asmodean

Well, yes. I sort-of meant "short of deploying mercs or starting a war"  ;)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Unfortunately, there are times when violence is the only option that works.

Anne D.

Thanks for posting this, Tank. Donated and signed the petition. Yeah, the legal reps may not be able to help and the petition may fall on deaf ears, but it's worth trying.