News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Im going to have to move to a Christian halfway house for something I didn't do.

Started by MatureMcLeod, January 25, 2017, 01:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatureMcLeod

So I live with my grandmother and I try to help as much as I can. But she isn't able to pay the bills and we are being foreclosed. Beforehand, my job gave me around 20 hours a week and it was fine, but since one of the girls got promoted and took my hours, I'm getting less than 5 a week now. I gave my grandmother everything and we still can't pay for it. We are going to have to move.

My grandmother is safe because we can put her in a retirement home, but what about me? Well, I have two options; my mom or my dad. My mom works over 8 hours a day and there would be no way for her to drive me to my work and/or college and her work and back as well. Not only that, but she's taking care of my little brother. My dad is at a Christian halfway house right now. They preach the Bible 24/7 and my dad has a car and all the free time in the world. He would be able to drive me to work. I work at Bojangles and I could transfer to another one. I'm going to really beg for hours. I also don't want to work at Bojangles forever and want to go to college. My dad said he would be able to drive me and I do have the scholarship.

The biggest problem is that this is a Christian halfway house and I'm going to be forced to read the Bible every day. My dad is a fundamentalist Christian and I can't change that. I don't want to come out, because if I did, I would be homeless. There is a lot on my mind and I need help. I would love to smooch off my mom all day, but I am an adult. You might think, why not live at my mom's and get my dad to drive me. Well, they live 1 hour away and I don't think my dad has the capacity to drive towards my mom's then my work then back home then back towards his halfway house. That's four stops he would have to make every day, not including college. My dad lives right next towards the college and another Bojangles. You might also think, why not just drive myself? Well I don't have a license and don't have the income for a car yet. Even at my best hours, this job only paid around $500 a month.

Ecurb Noselrub

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: MatureMcLeod on January 25, 2017, 01:53:54 AM
So I live with my grandmother and I try to help as much as I can. But she isn't able to pay the bills and we are being foreclosed. Beforehand, my job gave me around 20 hours a week and it was fine, but since one of the girls got promoted and took my hours, I'm getting less than 5 a week now. I gave my grandmother everything and we still can't pay for it. We are going to have to move.

My grandmother is safe because we can put her in a retirement home, but what about me? Well, I have two options; my mom or my dad. My mom works over 8 hours a day and there would be no way for her to drive me to my work and/or college and her work and back as well. Not only that, but she's taking care of my little brother. My dad is at a Christian halfway house right now. They preach the Bible 24/7 and my dad has a car and all the free time in the world. He would be able to drive me to work. I work at Bojangles and I could transfer to another one. I'm going to really beg for hours. I also don't want to work at Bojangles forever and want to go to college. My dad said he would be able to drive me and I do have the scholarship.

The biggest problem is that this is a Christian halfway house and I'm going to be forced to read the Bible every day. My dad is a fundamentalist Christian and I can't change that. I don't want to come out, because if I did, I would be homeless. There is a lot on my mind and I need help. I would love to smooch off my mom all day, but I am an adult. You might think, why not live at my mom's and get my dad to drive me. Well, they live 1 hour away and I don't think my dad has the capacity to drive towards my mom's then my work then back home then back towards his halfway house. That's four stops he would have to make every day, not including college. My dad lives right next towards the college and another Bojangles. You might also think, why not just drive myself? Well I don't have a license and don't have the income for a car yet. Even at my best hours, this job only paid around $500 a month.

This is what you wrote on July 22, 2016:

"So I came out to my family as an atheist today. I gave them a list of over 100 evil bible quotes from pedophillia, to catching animals on fire, to dashing babies against the rocks. They said I was the crazy one, threw a temper tantrum and I said I didn't want to talk about it. So they grabbed my neck, threw me in the car and drove to a Christian hospital. They lied and said I was doing all these horrible things like robbing animals and raping random people (Cough Cough... God did those things in Matthew 21:1-3 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29). Anyway, Then they said they would forgive me if I said I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. So I did, and they said I didn't "feel" like it. So I was stuck in a straight jacket for three hours for something I didn't do. And I had to say the Lord's Prayer three times and quote my favorite scripture to prove I was Christian. I quoted Numbers 31:17-18 where God's people killed the men and kept the women and children as sex slaves, and one of the hospital managers slapped me. In the end I faked to get out and my parents said it was a tiny mistake and it would be better since I am a "Christian" now. Good thing I have my shoe laces now."

You are full of shit and a liar.

xSilverPhinx

While more believable than your "Christian Hospital" story, I'm still not buying it.

I have a question for you, MatureMcLeod (though I don't think you'll answer it, given your record). What is it exactly that you're after? Your interactions thus far strike me as a little odd, as in exaggerated or possibly made up.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

What the hell, can you be anymore selfish than this? "My grandmother is safe because we can put her in a retirement home, but what about me?

Sounds just lovely for her.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

Yeah, gonna echo WTF on a lot of levels here.

If you have the scholarship, go the fuck to college and live on campus.

Skeptik

Quote from: MatureMcLeod on January 25, 2017, 01:53:54 AM
The biggest problem is that this is a Christian halfway house and I'm going to be forced to read the Bible every day.

Well, if you're going to take advantage of their generosity and live off the kindness of their hearts, I guess you're going to have to suck it up and follow their rules.
Don't want to do that?  Figure something else out.  It's what everyone else does.
The certainty with which I know another man's religion is folly makes me suspect my own is also - Mark Twain

Dear Religion,
Today we safely brought a man back from outer space, while you shot a child in the face for wanting to go to school.
Sincerely,
Science