News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Creationist/Flat Earth/Etc Images

Started by Pasta Chick, December 07, 2016, 03:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I suppose it could always be worse... I was just talking to BF about a person he works with, we'll call John:

BF: So, John is probably the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. I had to explain evolution to him...

Me: "WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS IF WE CAME FROM MONKEYS?!" Oh, jeez, he's not a creationist is he?

BF: Oh, no. I had to explain creationism to him too.

:o

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2017, 11:42:50 AM

Is this real?  :eyebrow: Or is this sarcasm between Aurie and Roxii? :eyebrow:
This, Roxii, she has top secret information from the CIA that God gave to them:eyebrow: What does God get out of it--exactly? :eyebrow:

Maybe the CIA 'captured' Jesus and said to God, "Admit that the earth is flat or we will torture Jesus." --God admitted that the earth is flat.--The CIA believed him--And then they told Roxii, and she believed them.   :lol:

Is this what being high on God does to your brain?  :(
:picard facepalm:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I don't know if it's real, but I really hope it isn't.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2017, 11:29:30 PM
I don't know if it's real, but I really hope it isn't.
I also hope it isn't real - but can believe it might be!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

This is why some societies killed the incompetent.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Quote from: Apathy on January 10, 2017, 12:18:36 AM

You've aroused my curiosity. Which societies did that?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: Recusant on January 10, 2017, 02:08:58 AM
Quote from: Apathy on January 10, 2017, 12:18:36 AM

You've aroused my curiosity. Which societies did that?

Maybe not "incompetent" but at least the Spartans killed the children that were perceived weak by either showing signs of sickness or unable to perform a task. Also I've heard in some pagan cultures, like witch craft, if the witch were unable to perform their duties, they would be killed by the village. For old witch craft, the witches were female and considered pure and like a goddess, and therefore they could heal people, if they could not heal someone, the rest of the village would kill them.

I'm saying this straight from memory so I don't have any links at this time if you were looking for some.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Executing fools, you say? A proper Asmoic society would frown upon that, but would not criminalize the act.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

Wicca is only about 70 years old, so it wouldn't be them. It's like the new testament of witchcraft meets Scientology. 

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 10, 2017, 10:51:36 AM
Wicca is only about 70 years old, so it wouldn't be them. It's like the new testament of witchcraft meets Scientology.

I meant in the terms of the old religions of Europe before Christianization. Not the neopaganism of today.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

The Grumpy Lumpy:
Executing fools, you say?

Is this even possible?  Approximately 114.8% of the human species has dabbled in fooldom at some point. And about 106.2% have set up shop there.

Davin

I don't support it, I 'm an idiot quite often.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Apathy on January 10, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

I meant in the terms of the old religions of Europe before Christianization. Not the neopaganism of today.

Right. My point is there were no Wiccans prior to 1955 or so. "Wicca" is not an umbrella term for pagans of any era any more than "Lutheran" can be used as an umbrella term for Christians.

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 11, 2017, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: Apathy on January 10, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

Right. My point is there were no Wiccans prior to 1955 or so. "Wicca" is not an umbrella term for pagans of any era any more than "Lutheran" can be used as an umbrella term for Christians.

Did I use wicca as a umbrella term? I don't understand.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

You said "some Pagan cultures, like Wicca..." and also referenced Shaman which Wiccans don't have, then clarified by saying you were talking about "old religions of Europe before Christianization." If you didn't mean it as an umbrella term for old world Pagans I'm not sure what you did mean.