News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

I didn't know where to put this so if I've erred then please excuse me and put it in the right place.

This is about dreams one has at night. Are there any that stick out in one's mind?

For the moment I can't think of any but I can say that a lot of my dreams lately have had something to do with Christmas and I don't know why. I haven't watched any holiday specials or a series with a holiday scene in it. Dreams can be weird and usually are. I wish I could remember one in detail to post but too much time has past. All I remember are brightly colored gifts, a tree with decorations, and a rather large toy train.

I posted the above a little while ago. I just woke up from a nap.

I dreamed of Thanksgiving with roasted chicken instead of turkey. Most of the chicken was based with hot sauce although there was one that was based with barbecue sauce.

I dreamed that there was a lot of family there and we had rearranged the furniture. They stayed with us a few days. Also I dreamed that I slept through some of the festivities through short naps. I also helped clean up afterward and had cheesecake for dessert.

There are lots of little things such as what era I would have liked to have lived in, my brother being a toddler, and drinking Sprite. Oh yeah, something to do with cats and my ex-sister-in-law. She wanted to catch them and give them a home. Apparently we had a lot of wild ones running around including ours which we named "Cat".

My dreams are usually this vivid although after a while I start to forget most of them. I think it might be due to one of the drugs I take. A side effect is unusual dreams although I don't know what that means. I've been taking it for well over a year, maybe two.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

I heard somewhere that the things we see in our dreams are symbols. You just need to interpret their meaning.
~Not an easy thing to do.
:sadshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

last night i dre amed i was walking down a path in the woods . accompanied by my five tigers.

twice one leapt ahead of me on the path and slaughtered a small predator thatbnb i hadnt seen

dont remember where we were going

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on May 21, 2020, 06:43:57 AM
I heard somewhere that the things we see in our dreams are symbols. You just need to interpret their meaning.
~Not an easy thing to do.
:sadshake:

I've heard that too although I think the jury is out on that. I don't know that there has been enough research into it. I think of dreams as garbage collection which is a term used in the programming field. Why the brain creates images and sounds while we are unconscious I haven't a clue.

I don't think they have any meaning although I am not well versed in the study of dreams. I just find them fascinating sometimes.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on May 21, 2020, 09:13:05 AM
last night i dre amed i was walking down a path in the woods . accompanied by my five tigers.

twice one leapt ahead of me on the path and slaughtered a small predator thatbnb i hadnt seen

dont remember where we were going

That's bizarre. Did you watch anything with tigers in it? I'm curious as to where they came from in your subconscious. And killed a predator on top of that. In your dream they must have been your pets.

billy rubin

no clue anout tigers. no recent history. i dpnt have a television set and seldom see a motion picture.

they werent as large as siberian tigers. more bengal like.

they were my tigers, coming with me somewhere, like guard dogz. as we walked down the path one leapt ahead and pulled a small felid out of the undergrowth, something like a lynx but smaller. it was the second of two such captures. as usual, thiz was juzt a short section i remember from a longer dream.

and i was not naked.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

What were you eating the night before? I can't blame my dreams on food consumption unless the bags are full of anchovies.

I think I was in my underwear but my memory is vague now.

billy rubin

lol

nothing.

i dont eat anymore after about noon. losing weight.

down 10, ten more to go.

mozt of my dreams are prosaic, except for the onez where i kill myself. i dpnt know where dreams come from, or even how many sources contribute.

theres a few theories that dreamtime is when the brain is organizing memoriez, but i dont know much about it

Randy

I take it that when you killed yourself in your dreams that you didn't die in real life. Well, that shoots that hypothesis down.

Randy

I awoke from another nap over an hour ago. I should have posted immediately while the dream was still fresh in my mind.

I dreamed that I had a large family which I don't. There are very few of us left. Anyway, one of my uncles had something called a section "G" from court. Apparently he had to do the court a favor because he lied to the judge during his trial. A trial for what I don't know. I can speculate but I don't know.

It was time to leave, it was a long drive back to where we were from. Apparently it was just me and some woman with dark hair in a ponytail. We had a motorcycle with two seats and what we did with our luggage I haven't a clue.

What gets me is that I keep dreaming about a huge family that I don't have.

billy rubin

what kind of motorcycle waz it?

Randy

It was weird. I don't think anything like it exists. I'm not a motorcycle person.

But it was red, kind of dirty, with black seats and chrome handle bars. It sat rather low to the ground too and took two people to drive it. It's not something that anyone would want in the waking world.

Randy

There is a drug I take called Compazine or Prochlorperazine which has a side effect of "strange dreams". I wondered when a dream wasn't strange. Mine do tend to get vivid and it takes me a moment of waking up before I realize where I am and who I live with.

I had a nap a few hours ago and can barely remember any of the dream. But there was Kentucky Fried Chicken involved! I got to eat some as leftovers. It took me a moment to realize that all my food goes through a tube into my stomach. So no chicken. :(

Dark Lightning

Yeah, I have strange dreams sometimes, but if I leave the mushrooms off the pizza or my steak, they don't happen. I can't imagine what it's like with poison mushrooms (i.e., psylocybin). The only other times I've had strange dreams were when I was sick with a fever. Those dreams haven't happened in a long time.

billy rubin

when i waz a kid we d go pick pscilocybin mushrooms out of the cowpies in the zoccer field at batu cavez

take em into town and have some chinese restaurant cook em into an o.elette for us

they vrew everywhere but the cowpies were the most reliable substrate

never caused me difficulty