News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Bluenose on June 08, 2022, 01:52:13 AMHuge surprise yesterday.  My daughter is expecting a new arrival in mid December!  Yay!  Never thought this would happen, but now my son's two daughters will have at least one cousin. Dancing for joy over here!   :cheerleader:

The world needs more Bluenoses. Good news!  :heyhey:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

hermes2015

Congratulations. Great news for the family.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

yo

id congratuate you but presumeably you werent directly involved.

so congratulations to those who were.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on June 09, 2022, 03:26:02 AMyo

id congratuate you but presumeably you werent directly involved.

so congratulations to those who were.

The Asmo, on the other hand, wishes to congratulate with not being involved.

When one has seen a child or three into adulthood and survived... One deserves a break, He thinks. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

i ve got five. youngest is 17 and just got his motorcycle permit yesterday. so hes legal to race.

the other son got his permit at the same time, but he already raced ilkegally last year

Asmodean

That's cool! I'm over twice the age of your youngest, and still contemplating my heavy MC license.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Icarus

Whassup everyone?  This is the most used section of the forum. There is almost always a post or two here.  Lately things have been really quiet. The last post was two days ago?

Our guy Tank is not active at this time for good reason, our lady of Brazil who was, at one time our most frequent contributor, has almost disappeared. I am worried that there is so little participation of late.

billy rubin

well, i have it on good authority that most people cannot prove that the earth is round, unassisted.

just sayin

billy rubin

ive been stinking busy. this over the road life means that i am driving or sitting in parking lots 24 hours oer day for five dsys, and tben all tbe stuff other people do in sfternoons i try to crsm into a two day weekend.

essemtially my weeks are two dsys long.  mskes for odd gaps in my life. ill be driving tbrough early spring, no leaves on the trees, no birds, and then duddenly the trees are leafed out and the geese are cruising with goslings. where did that month go ?

the sparrow hawks in our roof have raised four fledglings out of two clutches. noisy little bastards. weve hsd to rescue the babies over and over off tbe ground while they learn to fly. where do the days go?

or i ll look at tbe moon, just a crescent the day before new, and tbe next time i look up its past first quarter. and the n suddenly its waning

driving a truck makes your life go by fast

but i race in a month.

Dark Lightning

I stop by a couple of times a day, but don't really have any excitement in my life to report. I was thinking about posting some progress on my wood carving/working, but I bought a newer, more powerful table saw that I can't even set up because I need to run 220 for it, and the old saw is still in the "shop". I can't carve because there's so much equipment in the way that I can't get to the carving bench.  :(  To top that off, the price of Baltic Birch has skyrocketed even further than in general because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It has quintupled in price, and I'm going to have to buy some at that inflated price because it may well soon be the case that it will be unlawful to buy it. Fucking Russians, anyway. That whole fiasco is going to kill many people around the world who depend on the region for their wheat. It also turns out that India is buying a lot of Russia's petroleum output cheap, and that is helping Russia stay afloat.  >:(  I will say that not getting the plywood I would like to buy is a true first world problem, with respect to the number of people who will die of starvation because of Putin's insanity. SHIT! Those poor people.  :(

Tom62

Nothing much happening here as well. Just the occasional cyberattacks (two energy suppliers websites in our region are down); chaos at the airports (due to lack of personnel); chaos at the train stations (due to the 9 Euro monthly ticket) some shootings and stabbings as well as a madman killing innocent people with his car in Berlin.   
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on June 15, 2022, 01:02:54 AMWhassup everyone?  This is the most used section of the forum. There is almost always a post or two here.  Lately things have been really quiet. The last post was two days ago?

Our guy Tank is not active at this time for good reason, our lady of Brazil who was, at one time our most frequent contributor, has almost disappeared. I am worried that there is so little participation of late.

True.
It has always been quiet here during the summer.
:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant