News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

The Asmo is about to get snowed upon again. >:(

He shall smite the climate with His Divine Diesel Engine, see if He shall not!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Commiserations. Had heavy snow here two days ago. Lower latitude though, so presumably less obnoxious.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

warm in the afternoons, but still below freezing in the mornings.

too nasty to take a motorcycle to work yet. i dont mind cold, but below freezing means ice.

im dumb, but not as dumb as i used to be.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on March 16, 2023, 09:05:11 PM...

im dumb, but not as dumb as i used to be.

I think that's called wisdom.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yes. Ice. And snow. And general misery upon The Asmo. >:(

Chaos in traffic, wet socks since the first step out the door... Sigh.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Doesn't misery love grumpery? Is the feeling not reciprocated?

Asmodean

No. There is no misery in The Gray Tome, unless specifically inflicted upon European mountain dutchies of smallish size for indeterminate sinful behaviour.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Today is International Atheism Day, or as it should more correctly be known 'No Bullshit Day!'. Have a great day :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Happy... That there! ;D

The Asmo has an rental van for work these days, and He could get used to it. It's all... New and shiny and... Goods-vehicle-like. The Asmo approves greatly. :smilenod:

Now, off to do some lorrying... Sort of.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

Friend wife is a foodie. She suggested that we go to an out of the mainstream restaurant. I am not a foodie and do not much care for restaurant food.  Hmnnn, which one shall we try?  How about one of these?......

Not at all sure that I can post this article successfully....Here  goes a try...

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/restaurants-at-the-end-of-the-world?utm_source=Atlas+Obscura+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=747285bab8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2023_03_28_03_59&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-747285bab8-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D&mc_cid=747285bab8&mc_eid=3b6a429c72

billy rubin

gravel!

the road to the warehouse was impassable, so i bribed two of the kids with promises of breakfat to go buy limestone with me.

we put 3500 pounds on the mudholes halfway down, and then another 3000 plus on the parts closer to the door.

i used 1s and 2s for this, high grade limestone cobbles in orange and potato size. when this gets pounded down i may get a truck in to drop 20 or 30 tons more. but this was all i could do in my pickup truck. maybe smaller stuff soon.

hopefully this will let me get a motorcycle in and out, and i can start taki g one to work instead of the truck. the bikes all get 40 plus mpg, and tbe truck only 12.5. at 220 miles per week that adds up

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

I have the highest regard for self sufficient people.  :clapping:

billy rubin

well, what i would really like to have is for the stoneyard to bring a dump truck, back in, and just lift the box while they drive out. that would spread a layer all the way until the box was empty. might take several loads.

but the dump truck cant get in until we fill the bad spots, so this is the bare minimum. i have a 6 foot box blade to spread with but had to abandon my tractor in califirnia when we moved.

a shame. i liked that tractor.

The Magic Pudding.

jumbojak

I think you need to cut a swale for some drainage. If it stays wet like that you'll just pound the stone below the mud.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz